Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: -1 for APEX

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

2 of the last 4 ak mags I bought from them were rusted almost beyond repair. Note I said almost. I have had such good service in the past that I let it slide. I mean, when I buy mags for 10 bucks ea. I dont expect them to be perfect, but I think I will buy "new" from them when possible to avoid the crap.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Default UPDATE

First, Winn, et al, I do mind when something by ANY vendor is not properly represented, be it Apex or Wally World. Something listed in "good condition" should be good condition. If it's listed in "poor condition" and I knowingly purchase it, then I expect to have to do some cleaning/repair. (I have bought PSL mags from Apex that were so listed.) BUT, if it's listed as "good condition" and they are charging a premium price for it as such, then I do have a problem with it.

Now that being said, ANYONE can have an issue once in awhile. That is not a problem. I do expect that from time to time. It's how the vendor makes good on their product/service that makes the difference. I'm sorry, but they dropped the ball on this one.
    Update: Last Friday I was told that the replacement mag "should" go out that afternoon. Still had not heard from them via phone or e-mail since, so I called yesterday (Wednesday 9-7-11) to inquire. I was first told that a replacement had been shipped. Then she went to verify, and came back to tell me that they could not find ANY of the Galil 50 round mags that were in any better condition than the one that I sent back. These are listed on the site as "good condition" mind you. So at this point after 3 weeks of waiting, many phone calls on my part, and $12.00 shipping, I still don't have a magazine. At this point I will just have them refund my money, which is supposed to include my cost for return shipping.

I'm sorry for those who don't like me speaking negative about Apex, but I thought that was what this specific forum was for. "Product and Company Reviews". I didn't realize it was for "Good Reviews Only".

I still intend to do business with Apex, as they still offer a good value on parts kits, and usually do send you a better product than anticipated. I have had very good dealings with them for the last few years, but this particular purchase did not go well. I give them props when they do well, but I feel we should also be willing to point out the negative. (Not harp on it, but not hide it either.) YMMV.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndAmendican View Post
    First, Winn, et al, I do mind when something by ANY vendor is not properly represented, be it Apex or Wally World. Something listed in "good condition" should be good condition. If it's listed in "poor condition" and I knowingly purchase it, then I expect to have to do some cleaning/repair. (I have bought PSL mags from Apex that were so listed.) BUT, if it's listed as "good condition" and they are charging a premium price for it as such, then I do have a problem with it.

Now that being said, ANYONE can have an issue once in awhile. That is not a problem. I do expect that from time to time. It's how the vendor makes good on their product/service that makes the difference. I'm sorry, but they dropped the ball on this one.
    Update: Last Friday I was told that the replacement mag "should" go out that afternoon. Still had not heard from them via phone or e-mail since, so I called yesterday (Wednesday 9-7-11) to inquire. I was first told that a replacement had been shipped. Then she went to verify, and came back to tell me that they could not find ANY of the Galil 50 round mags that were in any better condition than the one that I sent back. These are listed on the site as "good condition" mind you. So at this point after 3 weeks of waiting, many phone calls on my part, and $12.00 shipping, I still don't have a magazine. At this point I will just have them refund my money, which is supposed to include my cost for return shipping.

I'm sorry for those who don't like me speaking negative about Apex, but I thought that was what this specific forum was for. "Product and Company Reviews". I didn't realize it was for "Good Reviews Only".

I still intend to do business with Apex, as they still offer a good value on parts kits, and usually do send you a better product than anticipated. I have had very good dealings with them for the last few years, but this particular purchase did not go well. I give them props when they do well, but I feel we should also be willing to point out the negative. (Not harp on it, but not hide it either.) YMMV.

+1 for this post. I think he's absolutely right, given the section he posted in. Apex is great company, and I havent had to deal with an issue such as this, but like all of them out there, sometimes they drop the ball on things. Doesn't mean its time to stop dealing with them entirely, to defend them, or to go off on how good/bad/ugly they are. A review is a review.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

The op does have a valid point. The mags I ordered were listed as "good to very good". I would say they were "very poor to poor". It took alot of work to get them to work. They were rusted between the mag body and the reinforced top section so bad that the mag body was swelled to the inside and the follower wouldnt move.On the last batch I included a note-"make sure the mags function". But I ended up w/ the same rusted thru stuff. Like I posted earlier I let it slide. But I would like to see them grade accordingly. I hope they are not slipping on their service like so many other companies have done.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Winn R View Post
    Just my personal view --

But if you can't kiss off a couple hundred bucks a year to bad parts you may not belong in this sport -- perhaps you'd be better shopping in Wally World.

I traded once for a barrel with a bore out of spec and never complained. It's part of the game.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with this. If I buy something rated good condition I expect good condition or my return shipping covered in my refund

I want to hear negative reviews as well as the good ones because I don't have money to throw away.

Feedback Score

You should receive the parts grade you PAID for. You should not expect to be shafted a couple hundred dollars a year just because. I work to hard and research the parts I'm buying to receive what I'm paying for. What's worse if a mistake has been made by the seller in stated grade or usability you should not be expected to pay for ANY shipping. That's simply unacceptable!

I placed an order with APEX and was missing part of my order. I called and they immediately sent out the missing parts. My parts were as described or better.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Default Final Update!!

Called APEX today to let them know that I just wanted to do a refund of the charges for the magazine, and spoke with the office manager. She was VERY apologetic, and said that she had spoken to Richard about the issue. They quickly refunded the charges, as well as shipping costs, AND Richard authorized her to offer me basically an AK type bayonet of my choosing, free of charge, for the trouble this purchase had caused.

Although it was a 2-1/2 week ordeal, they have handled it with class, and I am again a "satisfied" customer of APEX. Regardless of any problems, they are still great to deal with and in general have good prices and shipping. I am still a customer, but this was my experience, be it good or bad.

Thank you Apex for making things right!
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

Called APEX today to let them know that I just wanted to do a refund of the charges for the magazine, and spoke with the office manager. She was VERY apologetic, and said that she had spoken to Richard about the issue. They quickly refunded the charges, as well as shipping costs, AND Richard authorized her to offer me basically an AK type bayonet of my choosing, free of charge, for the trouble this purchase had caused.

Although it was a 2-1/2 week ordeal, they have handled it with class, and I am again a "satisfied" customer of APEX. Regardless of any problems, they are still great to deal with and in general have good prices and shipping. I am still a customer, but this was my experience, be it good or bad.

Very glad to hear they made it right. That's what you call great customer service.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Nice to hear yours got taken care of. Mine never did, and I just said the hell with it.

I had the same problem w/ a well known manufacturer of AR parts. Had a problem, and never got resolved. Fast forward almost a year I mentioned it on a forum that was talking about them(Bashed them basically) and they took care of me.

Sometimes it just take's a thread like this to get there attention(I'm sure they read about your issue with them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.