Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: -1 for APEX

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Unhappy -1 for APEX (UPDATE now +1)

I've been a happy customer of APEX's for a couple years now, and probably buy about 75% of everything that I buy from them. I'm usually pleased with the product and service. Even if there is the occasional hiccup, they make good on it quickly.

This time though, I ordered a few parts and a 50 round Galil magazine that is listed on their site as "Used-Good Condition". What I received was a rusty piece of crap, that was even worse after I disassembled it for inspection. The spring was actually beyond saving. This thing was definitely a "Used-Poor Condition" and that is being generous.

So, I called them up and told them about the problem, and of course they said please ship it back, and we will "try to find a better one" to send you. I said while that was great, I hated to loose the week plus on the back and forth shipping, as I had hoped to take that particular rifle out this weekend. She said that if I would take the bad mag to the Post Office and ship it Priority Mail, and call them with the tracking number, they could get the "new" mag on it's way to me immediately. I did so. I have been waiting for a week and still had not heard anything, so I called them yesterday. They said that they had received the "old" mag on Thursday, and "should" ship out a replacement mag today, meaning Friday the 2nd. So why did I bother rushing to the Post Office to get it to them, and getting the tracking info and giving it to them, if they weren't going to ship the "new" one until after they received the old one?? What the hell?!?!

It's not going to kill me to not have that mag when I take the Galil out, but it's the principle of the thing now. I am the one jumping through hoops to satisfy them, when it should be the other way around. I didn't do anything wrong, their stock pullers/shippers did, but I am the one that is being penalized. I don't think that I have EVER publically complained about a vendor on here, but this one just crawled all over me!!!! Maybe I'm taking it too personal.

Last edited by 2ndAmendican; 09-09-2011 at 01:56 PM.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I had the same problem with them except worse.

I purchased a milled M70 front end back when they had them w/ matching numbers(BCG etc...) I bought 2 at the time. One was perfect, and the other one had a bent barrel. I mean if you literally looked at it it bent downwards. I contacted them, and they said send it back with a description of what's wrong and what I wanted. I told them on the phone to make sure it had matching numbers(There were listed on the website as having matching n#'s but just making sure), and also put it in a note w/ the box. They said no problem.

Of course I had to pay for shipping, and I kinda needed a new one right away. So I sent it USPS Priority mail to there P.O box. It got there in 2 days, and sat for a week because they never picked it up Did I mention it cost me $18 to ship it back....

They eventually got it, and sent me a new one. What I received was a mis-matched Yugo. Nothing matched. They sent me a Yugo bolt carrier, w/ a Romy bolt.

Needless to say, I haven't bought anything from them since.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Meh, i still think APEX is the shit.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

I bought one of those PKM tripods since it's lite weight and has the T&E stuff built in, (making a mount to use miltiple firearms on it, don't even own a PKM), and they are listed as "good to very good condition".
    What I received was a piece of crap, front leg wouldn't lock and most of the locking handles were broke off, it was in "poor condition" and would only be good for some of the parts or make something out of it type thing if it was cheap enough.

Shipped it back for another one and was told "we'll make sure to pick out a good one", the replacement was better but I still wouldn't put it in the "good to very good" class, maybe "fair to good".
    So I've been kind of iffy what I buy after that.
    And like you said 2nd, I've always been happy with their products up until that point.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Sorry to hear you guys had problems with Apex. I too had a problem with a mauled up trigger guard that came with an RPK kit. They shipped out another one the next day no questions asked! I even told them I would send them pics if needed!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rigore View Post
    Sorry to hear you guys had problems with Apex. I too had a problem with a mauled up trigger guard that came with an RPK kit. They shipped out another one the next day no questions asked! I even told them I would send them pics if needed!
    You were lucky it was a small part. If it was any bigger, you would be paying the shipping, and who knows what you would get.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackFetus View Post
    Meh, i still think APEX is the shit.
    They do have good deals on stuff, but if they screw up, your the one that has to end up fixing it.

All I deal with now is CFS, everything's been good with them.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default Damn.. Sad too hear..

I spent more money than I want too mention with APEX and never ever had a problem.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Just my personal view --

But if you can't kiss off a couple hundred bucks a year to bad parts you may not belong in this sport -- perhaps you'd be better shopping in Wally World.

I traded once for a barrel with a bore out of spec and never complained. It's part of the game.
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)

Thumbs up +1 for APEX and all the Other Companies that make parts available to us!

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    I spent more money than I want too mention with APEX and never ever had a problem.
    Same here. In fact 9 times out of 10 the products, parts, and parts kits that I received from APEX have been in much better condition than advertised. And as for what Winn was saying, yeah this is not a cheap hobby anymore. Secondly there is a finite number of military surplus parts available to us, and really not that many importers, (frankly I am just glad to find the parts I need), so like Winn was saying you can expect occasionally to get parts that have been used and abused. When that happens, do what I do, I keep the part and fix it. Hell, that is half the fun of this hobby, figuring out the best way of building and repairing our firearms.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.