Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Flair launcher From Centerfire

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine Coyote View Post
    Noted that Aguila 12ga. mini shells fit the flare gun adapter. Never tried firing one and do not know if it's a good idea.
    From everything I've read, the answer seems to be no. Compare chamber pressures between these and a flare.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

The flare adapters I have seen are plastic. Most of the boat 12 guage flare pistols are also plastic, so the pressure in those 12 guage flares is mighty low. Somewhere, I saw ATF tests of firing 12 guage shells in various plastic flareguns, they all blew apart. 12 guage shell in adapter inside a larger flare gun, even one made with a steel bbl, is probably gonna end badly for the adapter at least.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I have seen a few made of anodized aluminum, I think that those may hold together, but I would not want to be the one to test the theory.
    Nemo ME Impune Lacessit
    Manus sapiens potens est
    пиштоли не убиваат луѓе, тие само го прават тоа полесно

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Even if you did the paper work and built a carbon steel adaptor for full pressure rounds you'd still have a modern version of a blunderbust!!! Don't really see the value for the $ even though there unique and new condition, I don't see myself getting one. If one of you younger guys got one and put it away as is for 25-30 years, you'd have something that just might make you a few bucks. I got some more rare + pristene Mausers I did that with, paid $20-$35ea and made a good profit when I sold them. good example was a pre import stamp K98 sniper, unissued with all matching # bayo and scope, all the acessories even paperwork, I bought for $40 in 83 and sold it for $1800 in 2008, better return than a savings account, and I got to shoot it besides win win!!!! For 169 to get one out of Century, might be a good investment without a huge out lay of $.

Gunco Veteran AK Builder FloridaAKM's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Has anybody got to test the rounds that are available to shoot thru the Flare Gun, its too dry here to attempt to shoot anything with fire attached to it? If I lived around a large lake, then I would give it a go over the lake; where I live is trees & brush that is wayyyy to dry to go shooting flares over it!

"If God had not intended for us to eat animals, how come He made them out of meat?" - Sarah Palin
    New Member of the Busted Box Club

Feedback Score

I notice that Centerfire no longer lists the Czech 26.5mm flaregun. Does anyone else list it ??? I have friends out in the Pacific islands who would like a few for anti-pirate defense for their boats.

VD

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Anti-pirate defense, now that is an angle that none of us have thought of yet, & no paperwork to make it a destructive weapon as no ATF out in the Pacific!

"If God had not intended for us to eat animals, how come He made them out of meat?" - Sarah Palin

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Viper Dude View Post
    I notice that Centerfire no longer lists the Czech 26.5mm flaregun. Does anyone else list it ??? I have friends out in the Pacific islands who would like a few for anti-pirate defense for their boats.

VD
    They dropped the price to $149 as one of their Christmas specials, probably blew them out then. You might try posting a WTB ad, very likely that someone who bought one is tired of it already.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Yeah, I saw that & realized that they were probably getting rid of the returns & incomplete sets! One of mine was complete & unopened; the other had been gone thru, fired, cleaned & resold to me unknowingly! The second one was not damaged in anyway, but it was not new & unfired!

Feedback Score

Thanks for the update fellows. I'll keep looking for something useful for my friends. I've already suggested a small deck gun for their boats.

VD

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.