Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Millett DMS-1 tactical scope

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default Millett DMS-1 tactical scope

I'm thinking about another optic for a lever gun or scout has anone ever used this scope Millett DMS-1 tactical scope dillon has them for $ 249.95 its a dot in a donut 30 MM tube illuminated reticale .. I'd be interested in any feed back good or bad before I spring for one... B2B

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

From what I have read, this is not a Scout scope candidate, because it is not an extended eye relief scope. The specs show that eye relief is 3.5"

I personally have been eyeing the TRS-1 series from Millet.

All preference aside, I do think that Millet is a very high quality manufacturer, and their prices are very fair for that quality. You could rate NCStar as a 1, and Nikon or US Optics as a 10. Millet would rate at an 8 in my book. I think this optic would be very fine for a mid-range cartridge. AK, AR, or just another Mouse Gun....This would be a good choice.

See if you can find one in a local gun shop to fondle and peer through. Walk out on the sidewalk and sight it down the block to see what it will and will not do before you buy.

BTW: Shop Shooting Supplies | Reloading | Gunsmithing | Hunting gear — MidwayUSA has these scopes for $239.00 -$10 from what you identified I think...

Good Luck!!!!
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

yeah maybe not a scout scope but I may pick one up for the AK 74. price seems fair to me.. B2B

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I have one a got about a year ago seems to be holding up fine. I paid $240 if i remember right. No way it would work as a long eye relief scope. I was pinging steel at 400-500 yrds with mine (useing a AR-15 5.56mm) for the price I don't think you will find a better mid range scope

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Yeah that is what I am thinking. Midrange.. price.. I may pick one up for the 74 or AR.. thanks for your feed back.. on quality.. B2B

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

That's funny b2b, I was looking at the very same scope yesterday, good, you can be the ginnie pig and give us a range report when you get it. I don't know if I always trust the reviews you see sometimes, but it seems that I've heard some really good reports on Millit products, from several different sources. I've never had one but I like there features and would like try out one of those for a couple different guns I have in mind. I'm cirous about the lighted retical, most seem to have that inner tube reflection issue, but the only ones I have are cheap ones, so it might just be them. Inquiring minds need to know!!! How do you think it stacks up agnist say a simularly priced Nikon. Does it stay zeroed when zomming, sharp at higher magnifications, repeatible adjustments,what's the strong and weak points?? What's your veiws on them, TheCol U.S.M.C.?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

I'd love to be the ginnie pig but it is between the TRS-1 series from Millet and
    the the Burris Fullfield TAC30 scope I haven't made my mind up on either one yet.. but I may have to get both, and see which one I like better. B2B

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

GEZZZZ I wish I could just get both to see which one I liked best, ya bugger!! Come on , be a sport, get them both !!!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Not gonna say I can afford both but I need (want) a few more scopes, and both could be put to good use.. I have a 74 that just got a new Kvar side mount and now needs optics..and I have a 545 AR upper which had a holosight on it but I'd prefer a 4 power scope for target work.. B2B

Another Day In Paradise DiabloII's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

this is mine on my 300 BO, i love it got it for 189 at jerry's, i love it's been a good scope so far.

buying up all the guns and ammo i can just to PISS OFF the douche bag liberals

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.