Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Sportsman's Guide sucks!

Firearms Accumulator Carbine Coyote's Avatar
    Feedback Score

Cool

I have been taking advantage of free shipping codes to buy ammo and collectable items from SMG. Once had a Barska AR-15 scope come apart two years ago and when I finally located the original packing slip, the scope was returned for credit and they honored their lifetime satisfaction guarantee.
    My experience in buying military surplus clothing has been similar to the other postings. What they sometimes list as Large is actually labelled "medium" on the garment--in the language of the country of origin. A Swiss rain parka was labelled "Mittel/Moyen" (medium), though listed as Large. They also pro-rate the larger sizes sometimes. My guess is they determine sizes by applying a direct measurement.
    One beef I have is that they won't ship a BB/pellet gun to my state. Saw some really cool/collectable pellet guns (military surplus) in their catalogs but it broke my heart that they wouldn't sell me one. Atlanta Cutlery had the same Polish pellet pistol SMG had, but by the time I found out they were sold out. I once had to go to Natchez Shooters Supply to buy the same Gamo rifle that SMG wouldn't sell to me.
    However, SMG fills a void left when the local surplus store closed down. I don't need to drive 50 miles (one way) to buy military surplus goods.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

second post about smg

I have never had a problem with them, yep euro sizing is tough to get right, if you collect euro camo like I do, regardless who I get it from ,its usually off a bit. a while back SMG had west german flectarn parkas with liners for $24 to members, I bought about 5-8 sets all but one was under sized I gave away as a gift

the compliants here are the same regardless who you deal with whether its natchez, brownels, cheaper than dirt, CDNN, midway etc any of the advertisers from shotgun news, they all drop the ball, the biggest all time offender is Sarco, second is Numrich(gunparts)
    going to gunshow can eliminate this, as it is front of you. yep its more money but its in front of you

on the ammo thing bellson keeps bringiing up
    most ammo comapnys will not ship to certain states midway will not ship to NJ or NY smg will, smg will not ship ammo to cali but others do, its their policy I can go on & on, best answer is to move out of NJ, NY and Cali, Illinois, Mass. and maryland. it America they ship to who and where they choose

sprat
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i have heard that jane fonda, rosie o donnel, and janet reno OWN SMG now? WTH__LOL!

Feedback Score

Whem Gary Olen owned the business things were great. Goos prices, & shiped on time. You could even talk to the man via letter or phone. That was back in the 80's tho. I haven't done business with them since the company was sold, to the French, I heard. No wonder they have problems!
    CNN reporter, while interviewing a Marine sniper asked, "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist?"

The Marine shrugged and replied, "Recoil."

Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows that as a government grows, LIBERTY DECREASES."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score

Sportsman's guide pulled a bait & switch on. They advertised 80s factory Yugo ammo
    but what I got was a mix of dates with extensive green corrosion. They wouldn't take
    it back & no refund. Never buy from them again.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

They do have issues presently.
    I am disgusted with their marketing ploys.

I have been happily surprised in the past when they would ship
    quality parts kits as advertised.

Yeah, I think they have a warehouse full if illegals trying to fill orders.
    Probably one of them speaks English, and he's in complete adrenal exhaustion.
    Charter member-Busted Box Club est. 2006

"I will adhere to the Patriot Act, the one signed in 1776"
    - Marc Anderson

Feedback Score

Myself and two friends ordered scopes from them a few years ago and on the first outing with them one of the adjustments broke. I sent it back and they replaced it no charge to me. That's my only experience with SMG and its been a few years.

Firearms Accumulator Carbine Coyote's Avatar
    Feedback Score

Unhappy

Ordered Polish parkas from the recent SMG Military Surplus catalog and they went on backorder. When they arrived this week, they had shipped Czech parkas mislabled as Polish. Entirely different camouflage pattern. Called customer service and they're sending return postage, but now gun-shy about ordering similar items in the future.

Gunco Veteran AK Builder FloridaAKM's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Different twist with SMG here! They advertised Polish Armour's boxes for $89.00 & then switched the prices to $130.00 (or very close to that price)! A member complained & got a code for the $89.00 price, then posted it here for other members! I ordered 3 boxes & got them for the $89.00 price in excellant condition. This is one of the win situations that is not the norm by any means. Remember the Balkan mag deals years ago; cheap great stuff til they figured out they were way under charging for it....pulled the ads & stock; then relisted it for much more money! Russian collectable mags, Bosnian Fleur Di Leis mags, NEW Yugo BHO mags & the list goes on! Those were the days of collecting that are long gone!

"If God had not intended for us to eat animals, how come He made them out of meat?" - Sarah Palin
    New Member of the Busted Box Club

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

As soon as they see a sales spike, there seems to be a knee-jerk reaction price spike.

Much more expedient to sell in volume, make the turn around and buy more
    good stuff. We are still of a capitalism mindset I think, we expect loyalty and in
    return will give it back.

I do like the M85 kit package they offer.
    I'd order one, but just don't have the funds.
    Charter member-Busted Box Club est. 2006

"I will adhere to the Patriot Act, the one signed in 1776"
    - Marc Anderson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.