Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Sportsman's Guide sucks!

Feedback Score

Default The Sportsman's Guide sucks!

This company has always been a slight pain in the Ass to deal with. Sometimes I order something and then get a, "Well its on back order we will send it next month". I take that for what its worth suck it up and drive on. Today they screwed up and gave me sh*t about it. Ordered 500rds of 7.62x39 FMJ. They sent 240 HP and 260 FMJ. So I called and got a complete run around. The first person I talked with was rude and acted like she didn't care or know what the heck I was talking about. Called to another number I was told to take pictures of the wrong ammo and send it to custserv@sportsmansguide.com email account. I can understand one 20 rd box of the wrong round, but half the order?!? I will not buy from The Sportsman's Guide anymore!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Sometimes they have good deals. But almost every time I purchase surplus clothing and order either an XL or 2XL I receive something between medium and large. I call and ask for a return shipping label and they send it so all I'm out is my time. Ask for a manager in customer service and they usually make it right.
    Gunco member #11

“it is dangerous to be right in matters about which the established authorities are wrong” Voltaire

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I essentially stopped dealing with them in 2000 due to their policy of not shipping ammo to my Zip Code. Even though I got letters from the Chief of Police, the DA, and the Sheriff that stated that this was not a violation of any laws. You just can't fix stupid....
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I q

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Occassionally they have a good deal on something but the majority of items are cheaper elsewhere (even when listed as "on sale"). I combine my membership discount, the CC discount and a coupon or free shipping to get a slight deal. The last one was a case of 7.62x54R with a "free shipping" code and still got charged $10 on shipping for "heavy item charge". However, you can usually find items cheaper somewhere else.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I,ve quit doing buness with them years ago, they'll poon ya on shipping, plus the backorder thing also, they pulled that on me even after I called on avalibility. Better resorces out there than them. Cheaper than Dirt is getting bad too, shipping cost wise, I'd done allot with them in the past till this started. Here's an example, 10 M-16 mag pouchs @ .50 ea, shipping $23 something????? WHAT????? Hell I can get 2 guns shipped from Century for that, @12.50 ea.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

They do suck!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

yep, SMG sucks most of the time.

back in the day they were pretty good.

now they went all NASDEC -stock-market. they sell a lot of china-JUNK not fit for even an AIR-SOFT mall-ninja.

they make you jump through all kinds of hoops to get a reasonable price on anything--then gig the shit out of you for shipping. if i get asked for $30 to join a CLUB? --WTF?? LOL!

and they all ways find a way to fuck-up and order. i guess those illegal aliens they got packing the boxes can't read english???

if you don't want a hassle and have to deal with some PITA policies you better look elsewhere.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

They used to be OK, I think the last thing I bought from them was 2 cases of AK ammo in Wolf brand. IIRC, it was around $86 each, delivered. Tells ya how long since I've ordered!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I bought my 1928a Thompson kit from them years ago,paid with a Postal money order.Weeks went by w/ nary a word. I called, they said something about it didnt have a cleaning rod as advertized,they were waiting for them to come in,would I like it sent without one? Yes please. Another 2-3 weeks. Called them. "We are waiting on the money order to clear." I said "Its a postal money order, treated same as cash the world over." He said they had a shoebox full of bad money orders and was their policy to wait till they cleared. Once again I said POSTAL MONEY ORDER, I bet youve never had a bad one. Then I got pissed, said look if u dont have them in stock, just tell me and quit jerking me around. How long does it take for a m.o. to clear? Its been like 8 weeks now,send the damn thing! Then I hung up. 12 weeks from when I put the order in the mail,it arrived. I really think they were out of stock and didnt want me to cancel and get it somewhere else. Jeez!
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.