Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Magnolia State Armory

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Go over to the Saiga-12 forum and you can see that these type problems have been going on for a few years. Lots of back and forth, lots of excuses. I believe no one has been ripped off, and the guy is honest, just seems to have a hell of a time managing his business.

I understand the product is very good, but I went ahead and ordered my adapter from Renegade Buck, who makes his own design, smaller scale operation. I am very happy, love the fact that I can stick any milspec AR15 mag in with total reliability.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

well supposedly it was mailed last week.

today still nothing--

yea i say stay away from these guys. i could have probably made one myself in less time than it has took so far fooling around with these clowns.

and i still haven't got the mag block!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

well i got an email from MSA stating that my part was packaged for shipment. that was sunday.

nothing in the mail yet---

i think they just put you on a list when you order , in a week or two they start working on the part you bought. this takes several weeks, then they take another couple weeks to get it in a package.

i'm just wondering how many weeks it is going to take for them to walk to the mailbox?---LOL

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

ordered the "in stock" part on 23 feb , 2012 today is 7 april 2012 and still nothing.

i got an email from them two weeks back stating that my part was ready to ship--WTF?

what are they shipping with? the pony express could have got here by now!!!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

well i got an update from MSA stating the mag converter shipped and a tracking number!

maybe it will get here in another couple weeks?!--LOL!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

it finally came in! it took from feb 23 to march 13th to arrive.

it "looks" well made however the fit is well--more involved than first thought.

mags fit it a bit too tight too. the mag release is very stiff and hard to operate i think these issues can be fixed with a little elbow grease.

the biggest concern is that the ar mag thingy don't fit the SAGiA , requiring a bit more cutting than i first though.

all i can say is well see--

they ain't crooks but they are a bit on the slow side--

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    it finally came in! it took from feb 23 to march 13th to arrive.

it "looks" well made however the fit is well--more involved than first thought.

mags fit it a bit too tight too. the mag release is very stiff and hard to operate i think these issues can be fixed with a little elbow grease.

the biggest concern is that the ar mag thingy don't fit the SAGiA , requiring a bit more cutting than i first though.

all i can say is well see--

they ain't crooks but they are a bit on the slow side--
    OUCH!!

At first I thought you were being a little unreasonable. Then I thought that you should be a bit more patient. But, Wow! That was painful! And to have it not be fully functional is a real pisser!

Sorry, I think I am going to avoid them.
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

well i was sort of expecting it to be a little "tight" i think i can tune it up without too much fuss.

the BIG thing is the amount of fitting required to get it in the sagias mag port.

truthfully this project would be better for a NEW BUILD where you could cut everything and space everything to fit the 223-mag block.

i don't like the idea of trimming lugs to fit this block at all.

i messed around with it some yesterday and nearly have it in my 223 sagia. it is looking like it is going to work.

on the bright side it is looking like it should feed rounds perfectly , it sort of has a built in bullet-guide and looks like it will fix some of my galil mag "angle" problems.

i probably could have got it installed yesterday but my colt 1911 barrel came in that day too so i had to split shop time on the 1911 rand slide bushing fit --

i'll post when i get it working in the SAGIA 223.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

OK i got her a going. the good news is the SAGIA 223 runs 100% with magpull P-mags.

now for the "iffy" part. the other mags USGI/c-prod and so on are still having an issue, they will all most work.

the reason the P-mags work is the front of the mag has a slight taper and this lets them fit properly in the lug section. the other mags bump up there and this makes the angle just low enough that the rounds hit the flat side of the breech face.

i am just going to see how this works as it. i hate to grind anything in the locking up area of the rifle as something could break--

yea had i known what i know now i would have saved this for a ground up build.

here is the list of problems with the conversion block--

#1 it don't fit the SAGIA 223 and requires too many forever mods to your rifle.

#2 to fit a assembled rifle it runs too far forward and runs into things you should not have to cut and grind on!!

#3 the mag well is slightly too tight for real AR-15 mags, the release is very stiff because of a roll-pin binding it up.

all these problems could be straightened up easy enough on a new build but on a finished rifle it is a big time PITA that might not even preform all that well--or even break things if taken too far.

i think i can put up with it--if something don't go 'snap" during more test firing--

Feedback Score

Not to be snide or anything...why not give them a call on the phone? I personally hate talking on the phone, so if that's your problem too please disregard!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.