Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Samco Global, my worst experience yet... visibly cracked receiver.

Feedback Score

Post1911 Samco Global, my worst experience yet... visibly cracked receiver.

I purchased m1916 Spanish Mauser converted to NATO 762x51 and "Paid Extra for hand select" from Samco Global Arms! Received a rifle ugly as hell (expected) had a visible crack right through receiver from middle right side all the way up to barrel down to the threads in barrel. Needless to say that could have been my face on the receiving end of an exploding receiver had my diligence been overtaken by the urge to shoot. Now I know guns well and a rookie should not have missed this, and when I tried to explain danger of particular item they shipped they hung up on me and I was very professional in speech and tone. They already said they were shipping a return label so it's obvious customers don't matter much to these folks. Just easier to hang up on them I guess. Unfortunate since they had some other interesting items. Terrible service not very professional. Substandard quality control or don't care?? avoid Samco Global unless your are feeling lucky and bulletproof. Good Luck All

Feedback Score

If I remember correctly, the 1916 Mauser, commonly called a SMALL ring, is not really rated for .308. In my opinion that is an unsafe chambering.
    "419"
    "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived." - General G. Patton Jr.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I am local to them and took a trip down to their warehouse to check them out. This place is a 3rd world joke! The two hispanic women that run the office and customer service are rude as hell and do not know how to run a buisness. The company is owner by little sheet heads and their stock is junk! I wll never but anything from them. What they call special select grade is at best fair to poor.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Rent a car. Drive it through their front window.
    Just tell the Cops the accelerator stuck.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Less than steller experiances here too, they eventually made things right but not really worth the hassle, after having to return 3-4 different guns a few years ago. I did get some nice things there early on but I think they bought X-ammount of stuff and now there scrapping the bottom of the barrel , so the quality is gone too. I was able to score a pristine unissued 24/47 Yugo all matching # , bayo and all and a couple nice SKS 59's same condition, but what I see comeing from there now, not so good!!!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    Rent a car. Drive it through their front window.
    Just tell the Cops the accelerator stuck.

Make sure the car you rent is a Toyota though...

Feedback Score

Postak

Your probably right about that after receiving rifle I was not too sure about that myself but like another reply stated I believe they had nice stock once but no longer do. Hopefully I get the charge back quick so I can by some ammo with that money. wooooooooooooo
    Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    If I remember correctly, the 1916 Mauser, commonly called a SMALL ring, is not really rated for .308. In my opinion that is an unsafe chambering.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

That is what I figured after talking to them twice a real joke. Wish some reviews stated this sooner may have saved me the hassle but I will blog them down. Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by bulrich View Post
    I am local to them and took a trip down to their warehouse to check them out. This place is a 3rd world joke! The two hispanic women that run the office and customer service are rude as hell and do not know how to run a buisness. The company is owner by little sheet heads and their stock is junk! I wll never but anything from them. What they call special select grade is at best fair to poor.

Feedback Score

Unhappy

Wish I would have known about this earlier too. I ordered some ammo from them about three weeks ago and have not seen it yet.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Oh No, then you paid the long price too, that sucks. There shipping was slow for me too, three weeks sounds just about right from what I've gotten through them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.