Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Classie Arms Mausers

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Default Classie Arms Mausers

I've been looking at the K98 Mausers for sale at Classie Arms.
    The more I look, the more I wont to buy one.
    I do find it strange that know one seems to know where they came from, or
    how they arrived in such great shape. I'm hooked, and it's just a matter of time before I give in. Anyone have a commit, or advice, please tune in.
    Your in my Mind, and in my Sights

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Classic has always been a class act dealer . I have never had anything but top rate stufff from his operation.
    MOLON LABE !!!!!

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. --Benjemin Franklin

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. -- Sigmund Freud

TO vote for the lesser of two evils , is to still vote for evil.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Classic arms

well if you read the website they are not saying where they come from, they do say some have the dreaded X on them ok for a shooter but not for collectors, they are also not sure they have been reblued and say they are re-arsenaled also not good for a collector piece again great shooter
    no electric pencil marks this is good as the bolt should!! I stress should be matching,
    it also seems the harder to get markers are already sold, collectors filling a void in their collection till a cherry K-98 comes along

positives
    they look like nice mausers, they are not Mitchel Mausers, you could end up with a good shooter, price is right, ammo is still around just not as cheap as it was a few years back

personally I would love to see where they come from

do not wait long to make a purchase

sprat
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score

They do look nice.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy t View Post
    I've been looking at the K98 Mausers for sale at Classie Arms.
    The more I look, the more I wont to buy one.
    I do find it strange that know one seems to know where they came from, or
    how they arrived in such great shape. I'm hooked, and it's just a matter of time before I give in. Anyone have a commit, or advice, please tune in.
    SARCO=long lost and found buryed in the back of one of our warehouses
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by railbuggy View Post
    SARCO=long lost and found buryed in the back of one of our warehouses
    Sounds about right.
    Your in my Mind, and in my Sights

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

if you have ever been to SARCO you would know the warehouse is contected to the retail store, heck the loading dockis next to the front entrance.
    when I lived up north I used to drive there all the time

these rifles probably come from one of the former soviet republics as some are X'd and the bolts are not electic penciled, there are still plenty of goodies being held they know the market

sprat
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I am assuming that you will not be fondling the rifle prior to your purchase, so all of my normal advise is out the window.

Classic Arms is a quality vendor. Just be careful to not read into their description. Take it literally. If you have questions, ask them up front.

Once you decide, then buy without any delay. Especially on these Mausers. They are not a high quantity stocked item. Buy while you can.

If you are buying for a shooter, you are pretty safe. If you are buying as a a collectible piece, this is probably a mistake.

Just my $0.02
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I've not had all that good a luck with classic arms. Bought my P-64 from them ,susposed to have been in VG+ and I paid the extra for hand picked. When I got it it was on the bottom end of VG and the safty did not function at all and was missing one of the mags. Called,,,, "send it back ,on my nickel, and maybe they'ed take care of it. No more busness from me.
    JimmyT Check out Century arms if your looking for a Mauser, the Zastava's they have are sweat, I got one of the 223's they offer and I can't say enough good things about them and they have a ton of caliber options avalible. You'll end up up with basically a pre sporterized Mauser with a adjustable trigger that shoots like crazy. My 223 was $387 in my hand, I don't know if your looking for a miltitary Mauser and want to keep that way or not but if your going to sporterize it I'd go the Zastava, you'd be hard pressed to build one for what they cost and you've got a new gun to start with. There made in the same factory as the CZ's and any of you that have one of those , you know how well they shoot. Might be worth checking out, read my post "The new Zastava is here". It is a good honest test report on them with all the + and - about them.

I just put a scope on the 223 I got from Century but haven't had a chance to sight it in yet but I'll be posting on that after I've had a chance to test it out with the scope. It might be a good option for you.

All the Mauser out there now are stuff thats just been slabed together from misc parts at this point and have been refinished. Even the import stamp will detract if your looking for collector value. Even the Mitchels are only so-so in my book and there not what I'd consider a collector type gun, good shooters in good shape, but not real collector guns.You'll be paying big bucks for anything that is an "origanal Mauser" and that does really have collector value. Most everyone that have those will be hanging on to them, other than the occasional nice one you may find through a private sale or from someone that specilizes in collector Masuers.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I have bough a few things from them and the only complaint I have is with their customer service and shipping times. It usually takes them about two weeks to ship anything on average.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.