Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: RIA/armscor 1911 frame build

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

UPDATE

i installed a charles daly disconnector and everything is right on the old remington rand/RIA today.

there was just something about the S&W disconnector that never quite meshed with the CD sear and the RIA frame.

my attempts to correct the S&W were only half-assed and sort of worked. but it would still hang the slide back or cause a bump when the slide hits that certain spot from time to time.

i ran a few rounds today with the new CD disconnector and she is as smooth as silk.

now she feels as smooth as my other 1911s --and that is pretty damn smooth and slick--LOL

no problems shoots good and slurpy smooth--

now i got to buy more ammo--LOL!

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Try taking the sear spring out and see if the rough spot goes away. That will tell you if it's the disconnector because it will just stay down in the frame.

I know this sounds strange but changing the bushing got rid of the binding in the Colt/Wilson combo. This particular one is an oversized barrel so I had to open the ID. a little. I still think there may be a link problem but I haven't figured all that out yet. Still won't hand cycle jhp's.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Post1911

Quote Originally Posted by tanvil View Post
    Try taking the sear spring out and see if the rough spot goes away. That will tell you if it's the disconnector because it will just stay down in the frame.

I know this sounds strange but changing the bushing got rid of the binding in the Colt/Wilson combo. This particular one is an oversized barrel so I had to open the ID. a little. I still think there may be a link problem but I haven't figured all that out yet. Still won't hand cycle jhp's.

your right it is those little things that make or break one of these.

my problem was most definatly the disconector /sear relationship. i probably could have used s S&W disco with the S&W sear and been OK.

what it has now is a CD sear and a CD disco, together they worked wonders. charles daly 1911 were made by RIA so they were a perfect fit for my RIA frame.

i have never built a 1911 with an over-sized barrel. the over-sized barrel sounds a bit hairy to me.

the only thing i've done close to that was fit the over-sized bushing to the remington-rand slide with hand tools and that took more work than i expected it to.

it was very 'fiddely" till it was opened up enough -- i probably run my bushings a bit on the loose side anyways. seems i still think GI when i'm polishing these things out--LOL

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.