Gunco Forums banner

SIG 1911 barrel

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  j427x 
#1 ·
Barrel

you 1911 builders that want a very high end 1911 barrel for modest $$ should check out these sig 1911 barrels that numrich is selling for $74.

i just got one today and checked it out. barrel is polished inside and out with a granite like finish on the hood. it is one piece stainless steel 5" long.

chamber checks out perfect.

it is a perfect drop in fit im my CO arms caspain/foster 1911.

it won't go in the GI slides without some cutting-- it is going to be perfect for that SA slide i am a thinking. i think these are made by storm lake.

not a bad deal as any NIB barrel with any kind of name is going to run $100-$140+ at least.

i don't know how many of these numrich has in stock or if they can get anymore when they sell out.

only about $25-$30 more than the budget barrels and much better looking--LOL

See less See more
#5 ·
call their sales line and get up to $4.99 off shipping.

i haven't fired the sig barrel yet. i just now got time to mess with it a little.

the pin was a little tight and i used a colt link of standard size.

i put it in the co-arms with the foster frame and slide and she fit beautifully. hell i think it might be a better fit than the hand fitted ed brown that was in there.

the slide feels like it is on oiled bearings and it licks up tight as a drum.

i haven't had time to test fire it yet--so far the sig barrel is looking like a great deal.

if it shoots like it fits and looks -- it is going to be the best low buck barrel out there.

#6 ·
I wish they had a commander size barrel. I may buy another one and cut it down and re-crown it. I haven't fit mine to a pistol yet so I don't know how it shoots but it looks great.

#7 ·
i haven't had time to test fire mine yet due to the burn-ban tender-box we got outdoors.

but yea if the one i got shoots like it looks it should be a winner. the bad news is i may have to build another 1911 just to give it a home!--LOL

#8 ·
I think they may be Kart barrels made for the early Sig's before they made everything themselves in-house. And if they are then you were right, they are worth quite a bit more than 79 bucks! And I know what you mean those extra parts always necessitate buying enough parts to finish another gun.:eek:bsessed::wallbash:

#9 · (Edited)
i thought i read somewhere that sigs barrels for their 1911 were made by storm lake.

well i have a storm lake 1911 barrel that i put in my first 1911 build years ago, back when storm lake barrels were $99.

anyway this barrel don't look at all like it or the ed brown in the COA 1911.

it could be a kart for all i know --whoever made the barrel it looks to be a top of the line piece --for $79 shipped in inflated 2012 dollars --it is a steal--LOL

shot it a little yesterday only about 30 rounds to see if there any feeding issues. it seemed to feed JHPs fine and as seemed as accurate as the ed brown. very good for a drop in barrel fit. it also seems more accurate with the tula ammo than my other 45s--

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.