Thread: Remington 700 / M24 stock maker woes

Feedback Score

Default Remington 700 / M24 stock maker woes

Anyone had any experiences with Bell & Carlson?
    Just picked up one of their stocks and while the fit is excellent, the finish definately... isn't.
    I've called several times, trying to talk to their tech support but can't get past the receptionist.
    Short of flying back to Dodge City, Kansas; anybody got any suggestions?
    Jones762
    Sacramento, Cal.

Miracle Machine Works
    "If it's a good part-- it's a MIRACLE".

Feedback Score

Final on Bell & Carlson Adventure. Everyone there is charming, the internal workmanship and fit is first-rate-- but you'd better like the color and finish they send 'cause: "What you get, is what you get".

Shipping the stock back for refund.
    Jones762
    Sacramento, Cal.

Miracle Machine Works

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Well that sucks. Why would they market a product that fits great but looks bad?? Not very smart of them.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with this company, glad to hear they took it back.

And thanks for posting this, hope it helps others.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

Don't know 2nd Amendican. Maybe on the strength that it fits?

My initial call to them was to see about getting the stock refinished (a service Bell & Carlson offers-- even got a price quote) since the black "spider webbing" final coat was extremely uneven. Ranging from very light in some areas to so dense as to be almost black in others. 'What, no quality control?' I'm thnking.
    I think I ran afoul of the receptionist (I've since been corrected-- she's "the lady who takes the tech calls".)
    I asked to get the stock redone in a solid color without spider webbing and was told that it would be a custom job and that Bell & Carlson doesn't have a custom shop.
    Geez... it's not like I'm asking for pin-stripes or a paisley lace pattern.
    I don't understand what's 'custom' about leaving off a final spray painting pass.
    And it's obvious from one look at this one that the stocks are done by hand, not in a automated spray system.

When I questioned this the receptionist/tech support told me that "The paint we use is not a paint that looks good by itself - it isn't an attractive finish".
    Funny but those are the exact same words and phrasing used in an email I later received when I tried to contact the sales manager.
    Attractive or not in the eyes of Bell & Carlson's design group; solid color or with spider webbing should be a decision left to any potential customer willing to fork over $250.00 for a rifle stock.
    I for one am still under the impression that I have a right to expect $250.00 worth of product for my $250.00

Final on this is that the stock has been returned to Bell & Carlson who will then issue a credit to the retailer.
    As for me, I don't see me buying any Bell & Carlson stocks in the future. Not unless I can personally inspect the stock before paying and walking it out of the store.
    AND, if anyone asks me if I know of a good stock to buy-- I'm sure the words "Bell & Carlson" will NOT automatically spring from my lips.
    Jones762
    Sacramento, Cal.

Miracle Machine Works

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.