Gunco Forums banner

+1 for lone wolf distributors

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  wpage 
#1 ·
Emailed to change an order today, and they had it changed within 15 minutes!
MidwayUSA still hasn't emailed me back. :rofl:

#2 ·
Cheaper than dirt package arrived empty. Called them two weeks ago, Customer Service was supposed to call back, but hasn't yet. I'm sure they will make good on it when they get a chance, but it was scary to see that somewhere between there and here, the UPS box had been opened and the bullets and paperwork removed, and it was resealed.

#3 ·
Re Opened Package

Cheaper than dirt package arrived empty. Called them two weeks ago, Customer Service was supposed to call back, but hasn't yet. I'm sure they will make good on it when they get a chance, but it was scary to see that somewhere between there and here, the UPS box had been opened and the bullets and paperwork removed, and it was resealed.
I have had packages opened before, they were opened up by Inspectors, and the contents were inspected and resealed. but there was a form letter inside stating my package was opened by Federal Authorties and Inspected, the Items were placed back in its orgional shipping container and forwarded to me. this was right after sept 11 and I lived in NY at the time so thats understandable. I have heard of Items being confiscated but the Induvidual that is the receiver is usally informed with a face to face meeting with authorties at one point or another.

I would also contact UPS and ask them about it. there are numbers on the packages that indicate what is in the package, this applies to firearms, ammo, and hazaredious materials. the truck loaders know these codes. there have been many Incedents where ups employees have been arrested for stealing firearms and ammo. So my guess would be that your package was opened for inspection or someone got light fingered. I have had companies forget an item or send the wrong item. But I have never received an empty package. Hope you get your order ,,,,,,Doc

#5 ·
Thanks Doc. I got contacted by Cheaper than Dirt today, and hopefully something will get moving now. I have been considering reporting it directly to UPS, especially since it was bullets. Talked with them informally while picking up a package, but haven't formalized anything yet.

The box was clearly marked small arms ordinance, was left at front door. Got another one from them, and it was taped closed at the origin with security tape. It said 'do not accept if this tape has been cut'. Wish they would use that on all the boxes. It is quite helpful to be able to buy this stuff on the internet, and hopefully the problems can be minimized.

#9 ·
I usually track my packages so I can be here to receive them in person. Ordered a 6.5 X55 Lother Walther barrel and it was shipped UPS. Noticed box was light weight. Cut open and saw it was empty. Driver said had been having trouble at a hub (Charlotte N.C. I think) where contract labor was used. I was reimbursed but it was the last barrel in that caliber the shipper had.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.