Gunco Forums banner

Wideners ?

3K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  j427x 
#1 ·
I know all suppliers are very busy, but really, Wideners really SUCK in my opinion.

A month ago I had cause to return some items. Sent it USPS Priority Insured,

Post Office attempted Delivery :Business Closed. They left a Sticky note on the Door.

I had, prior to shipping, Emailed Wideners multiple times prior to shipping with not one response.
Two weeks + after shipping finally get an e mail from them, "Go ahead, return it", To which I responded, already done, have you received it ??.

No response to this day to my question. No refund reflects on my CC.

Called Post office in Johnson City, Nope, we don't have it.

We left a Note, maybe they picked it up ?, asks the PO Guy.
Post Office has NO way to tell me if delivered or not and Wideners are "Absent".

What a miserable experience this has been.

Anyone have a "secret" Tel. Number they want to share, so I can try and speak to someone at Wideners ??

Just Venting !!

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
ICE: Due to high demand, our shipping delays are now 15-25 days or more depending on the product. HazMats and Firearms may be longer. In order to speed processing, our telephone is temporarily blocked. If it shows in stock and you receive a comfirmed order, you will get that order in time. You card will be charged before shipment. IF YOU WISH TO CANCEL AN ORDER, PLEASE SEND US AN EMAIL AT wideners@wideners.com and we will cancel the order and you will receive a FULL REFUND. No cancellation fee.
Widener's Reloading and Shooting Supply INC

Suppliers, for now, are in the drivers seat.. I just called an order too Sportsman Guide.. Small order of several items.. Need 4 .45 mag pouches..
"Sorry back ordered, delivery expected in May. Do you still want them?" Sure.
How the frig can mag pouches $10 each be back ordered?
Growing up part time within speaking distance of N.Y.. I learned their language.
So this girl, polite, is in a hurry, starts rapid talking too me.. Oh you want fast talk, lets get er done..
I started speaking N.Y.. Poor girl said slow down.. :nono:
Midway, 20 minutes on hold just to place an order. Hang in their PullThru, supply and demand..
Thank you Nappy and Bitme and Feinwit and Bloomwit, and Sorryoss. You have created a dollar flow, like this country has never seen it its history..
Well maybe the model "T" Ford..

#4 ·
No disrespect meant PullThru.. But hit their sight, they shut their phones off because they have nothing to sell..
Everything "Out Of Stock."

#6 ·
Their is no USPS tracking.. Think I am kidding, try to find it.. Good luck..
UPS to the minute, acceptance and estimated time of arrival..
Another Govt. business, claiming not to be Govt. run all frigged up..

#7 ·
I had a US Postal service Delivery Confirmation Receipt Number, which allowed me to track it's progress and delivery online.

Guess I used the wrong term "tracking"

7.57AM 2nd March attempted delivery. Business closed. That's where it all stopped. They didn't try redelivery and Wideners, according to Johnson City Post Office, didn't come get it,-----They think !!

USPS Priority Mail , Insured. Used it many times . First time problem.

Oh well, screw it , wasn't a whole lot of $. Not worth the worry.

Thanks for all replies.

#8 ·
Never send anything important through the USPS... If they smell something they think is valuable, chances are 50 50 it will not reach its destination..
Our V.A. meds starting coming out of South Carolina again.. V.A. tried to save money going through a wholesaler there.
It got too the Jacksonville hub and stopped there.. Vets were beating on the V.A. pharmacy window.. "Were not getting our friggen meds."
At first, no believe, just a bunch of stupid Vets looking for extra meds...
After the thousandth Vet put a chair through their window, they listened..
Set up a sting and nailed them.. Now their giving it another go..
Never send anything important through the USPS.. Their is no tracking, their is no delivery confirmation... They basically suck the big pajongeeee...

#10 ·
hmmmm the post office should have made multipul attempts . there stupid note were blowing all over my yard one time when I was not expecting to sign .
Im not sure id not expect weidenrs to go get it but they should be open or the post office needs to make more than one attempt .

the fact the stuff is missing is BS

before the shooting I got pretty good service from them .

#12 ·
Yeah I do not think this is Wildner biggun, this is the friggen P.O. screw up..
I had a priority mail package sit in Orlando for two friggen weeks..
PullThru.. For real, not kidding now.. Call the FBI, Postal Police, CIA, DEA, Homeland Security, ATf, Local and their State Police, your Congressman. Any friggen thing you can find with 3 letters in it and a badge..
I did, the P.O. hates paperwork and badges showing up... Call them every hour and talk real slow. They cut the staff and their in a rush.. Their problema.. Call, for real...
Those badges work for you, you do not work for them..
Oh they found my package, probably sitting in one of their friggen employees gun rooms, and it was not even a gun, just parts..
Not the money, principal.. Respect kind of thing... CALL..

#14 ·
That's part of the problem. Local post in Johnson City TN who attempted the "one" delivery, revealed to me , after I told them to return the package to me (which their web site says they will do after 30 days if undeliverable),
is nowhere to be seen.

They even called me back and said they've turned the place over looking for it , but not there. Was it delivered or picked up, I asked, "they don't know.

You wouldn't want the goods. Dimensionally challenged with some pitting AK rec. blanks

#15 ·
Hi PullThru,
What the PO is telling you is BS, Call the Supervising Postal Office that oversee's the one you have been dealing with, and ask for eathier the Post Master and if you dont get anywhere with him or her. Ask for the Postal Inspectors ( Post Office Cops!) they eathier have to come up with the package or your money since the Bussiness is closed. Usally in matters such as this when the package has not been delivered its been stolen or misrouted eathier way it looks bad for the carriers. When I lived in NY, I had ordered a BP Pistol from dixie gun works a stright shot from Tenn to NY. The post office in thier infinate wisdom sent the package to az which is totaly the wrong way even a 3rd grader knows that one. It tok me three weeks to get the gun I had ordered and it was for a customer at the upcomming gunshow. Needless to say I refunded the guys money while I waited for the gun to arrive, In addition to the gun being delivered I had received almost 400.00 dollars in telephone gift cards for an hour each due to the screw up. but keep hammering at them.and there giving you the run around beacuse I also reciently had a problem with my VA Check not showing up on time, and I was told I had to wait seven days. before they could do anything. and as far as your flats. I could use them, Since I make expermantial parts so the pitting and such wouldn't matter to me, because I have to order some scrap flat material for a Idea I have, so Ill leave theat up to you If I can help ya at all just give me a shout....Doc

#16 ·
If you sent the package insured, then the post office can track it (if they want to). I heard that straight from a very nice clerk where I used to live. I had sold something on ebay the the a-holes were saying they never got it. I hadn't bought the delivery confirmation , just insurance so they were thinking they had got a free item. I sent them a quick note letting them know when it had arrived and asked if I should turn the matter over to the postal inspectors. They left positive feedback before the end of the day. Now as far as a lost or stolen item, it's going to take a few months to get a refund. I bought a barrel blank last winter and the pot office delivered an empty crushed box with a hole in it. I think it was 3-4 months before I got my insurance check in the mail, from which they take out the shipping. So basically they still get paid.

#18 ·
Ther is alot of problems with all the major shipping companies, UPS , the US Postal Service. and Fed Ex. when it comes to firearms and firearm parts and accessories. comming up missing. eathier by employees of the company, or thiefs where ever the package was dropped off. I hope that everything works out ok. and you get the problem resolved quickly,,,Doc

#19 ·
yea there are a lot of shipping problems these days.

a couple years back i sold a firearm and had to ship it UPS.

now i haven't had hardly any problems with UPS fed-ex express or the PO even.

i have had some problems with fed ex ground--

anyway when i wend to UPS to ship the firearm the lady told me to find the dirtyest old worn out looking box , write RMA on it in big letters and so on--anything but a firearm or firearm part.

supposedly they had a bunch of new hires and they were stealing the place blind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.