Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: K-Var

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mtdew View Post
    I have my packages sent to my wifes work so she can sign for it. The UPS drivers route takes him there anyway, and when something is addressed to my home address and needs sig, he will drop it off to her as well.
    I do the same thing may be an Arkansas thing.
    Gunco Member 2241
    NRA Life Member

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I have my packages sent to my wifes work so she can sign for it. The UPS drivers route takes him there anyway, and when something is addressed to my home address and needs sig, he will drop it off to her as well.
    Good thinking, but i'm not married and can't receive packages at work. :/

Also I was told by representatives from K-Var that all packages valued at over $100 are live signature required. They did not respond when I pointed out the fact that I only ordered $85 in parts and it was their ridiculous shipping cost that put my order over $100.

Oh well, whatever. I looks like I just need to pay more attention to the fine print of shipping rules from various vendors and choose more wisely next time.

Feedback Score

I now do the same thing. I have had issues with UPS doing the same thing over and over to me. Why their delivery hours are when most people are at work I have no idea but it seems to be counterproductive. I avoid using UPS whenever possible becasue I have been bitten by them several times in the same way.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by o.d. ak View Post
    Good thinking, but i'm not married and can't receive packages at work. :/

Also I was told by representatives from K-Var that all packages valued at over $100 are live signature required. They did not respond when I pointed out the fact that I only ordered $85 in parts and it was their ridiculous shipping cost that put my order over $100.

Oh well, whatever. I looks like I just need to pay more attention to the fine print of shipping rules from various vendors and choose more wisely next time.
    Good to know that, I bought two mags from them a month ago and didn't have to sign for them but I just ordered a barrel and that will be well over the $100.00. I didn't see anything about having to sign either. Their frieght is a little out of line though. Only place I saw Live signiture required was on ammo.

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dcholl View Post
    Contact UPS and make arrangements to pick up the package at thier facility
    In my case, that's just over 50 miles roung trip, deep into the metro area. And they close before I get off work anyway.

I have my local delivery drivers trained to put packages in the truck and lock the door, but the "must have signature in person" stuff either goes in the truck or back to sender; if the vendor gives me any crap I call the credit card people and tell them to remove a fraudulent charge.

I understand vendors don't want to have merchandise stolen, and I know that UPS and Fedex sometimes add "personal signature" on of their own accord, but a big percentage of the time "residence" means "NOBODY IS HOME, MORON."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.