Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: parts roulette with SARCO

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default parts roulette with SARCO

Let me start by saying the reason I ordered from them is they were the only ones that had BOTH parts I needed. Anyway, I got my parts in after the obligatory long Sarco wait, and damn if they werent fubar. MN bolt body was cracked, and MN trigger guard was bent and dented beyond fixing. I know these are surplus and used, but these defects are really obvious. So I sent them back today, we shall see what jewells they send me in return.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Another Day In Paradise DiabloII's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

isn't it always a roll of the dice with them
    buying up all the guns and ammo i can just to PISS OFF the douche bag liberals

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

SARCO is like that on about everything.

have got some good deals on ar-15 things but have got stung a few times too.

sarco is sort of like the grab-bag deal at the county fair--

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

So far all I've bought from them have been barrels. They were all rusty but salvageable.

There have been a lot of items I've *tried* to buy from them via their web site or from their ads, but they weren't in stock. In some cases, they had been out of stock for years and they never expected any more, like those Star Supers they kept advertising, that they'd run out of in 2008...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

there was a time when sarco was the place now its bait and switch, the last time I went up there, the original warehouse in NJ about 5-6 years ago they advertised thompson forearm retaining bars, so i drove up from my sons to buy it and walk around, the parts guy came out with three of them, they had all been torch cut in half, he had the nerve to tell me i could weld them back up

why do folks still persist doing business with this outfit
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Talking

my batting avg with SARCO

RIA 1911 frame "good"

SARCO 1911 small parts "not so good"

sarco $59 a3 flat top upper "very good"

sarco $45 USGI surplus a2 upper "not so good"

sarco ar15/m16 small parts "excellent, to very poor" a grab bag for sure.

SARCO parts kits a dice roll at best.

just look at their 'bubbed up' m16 bolt carriers for a laugh-- what a waste of a scarce part--

Feedback Score

Ive never had a problem with them, As a matter of fact some years back I was rebuilding a 1858 Remington New Army Black lowder Pistol, and I had ordered everything new except the frame the frame was near mint and was the rest of the gun that was an eyesore. so I get my parts and toss them on my desk and I have about 10 other packages I had to thru and get thigns set up for the show, well, by the time I got to the 58 Remingotn everything was there but the cylender, I called them and I was told it was on back order , I said ok it wil be a month or so,,finally 7months and 20 shows had went by and I forgot about the cylender, until it showed up in the mail and they gave me a 50.00 gift certifacate. There thompson kits were pretty dammed good, cuz back in the day I had purchased 4 right off the back I believer they were a 200 at the time.And boy has times changed we need to get back to those days!!!....Doc
    Last edited by dcholl; 04-17-2013 at 10:36 AM.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

a broken clock tells the correct time twice a day
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i still buy a few things from sarco's e-store--but i do so VERY carefully.

the do have good ar-15 charging handles , port doors and i like those split flash hider washers--

they had some nice deals on those a3 flat top stripped uppers before the panic too. SARCO ain't all bad --just half bad and you don't know which half you got till the mail arrives--LOL!

lots of places fall in that group of retailers i haven't got any 'dangerous" ar-15 parts from sarco yet -

-some of the uber low ball outfits "dumpster divers" i call them --sell things that could "end badly".

then again i haven bought critical things like bolt carriers or barrels from sarco.

i have bought a few uber cheap ar-15 things from SMG and so far so good , i have had terrible luck with other crap i bought from them in the past.

now days if you running an e-store it is just hard to get good firearms parts to sell.

they just ain't out there like they were in the good old days.

the bad thing about SARCO today is since the panic they have jumped the prices up quite a bit on thir some what "questionable" parts stock.

those no-name stripped ar-15 bolts they once sold for $28 are now $60?--LOL!

hell i bought a DPMS bolt complete the other day from JSE for $40 LOL!

Feedback Score

My latest Sarco transaction was good. I bought an RPD drum and belt (brand new) a rpd recoil spring set (brand new) an UZI selector and some Mosin strippers. Shipped the next day. Cant complain this time. Sprat, that clock reference is too funny.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.