Thread: Savage 110 DBM Conversion

Feedback Score

Default Savage 110 DBM Conversion

I have a long action Savage 110 with a bling magazine. So I order parts from Sharp Shooters Supply to convert my magazine to a detachable one.
    The parts to do this were about eighty five dollars. I got a wood stock to do this for about 60 dollars.

1) The first problem that I has was that the magazine floorplate didn't want to snap on the magazine box but with a little tweeking it did.

2) Next, I noticed that the magazine box doesn't quite lock in positively.

3) The front of the stock requires about 1/2" material to be removed from the stock , the rear requires about 3/8" to be removed. This weekens an already weak stock.

4) This product comes with no template or dimensions on how to inlet the stock.

5) This product comes with no instructions period.

6) I have not found one good sticky or blog on how to do this.

7) This product comes with no action screws , the front one they sold me was to short.

8) I doubt that I would be able to glass bed my stock with product since it will likely cause a bolt over failure to feed because the magazine will sit to low.

9) THis product I consider will effect the reliability of my weapon and devalue it.

10) This product was waste of time and money for me.

Feedback Score

Here is my you tube video about this part.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Yes that sucks, I had no clue what parts or company you were talking about, but your video shows what you mean.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

Default savage Arms Reply

Jack,
    Thanks for the information and photographs. From the look of the receiver, it is not the current feeding configuration. In that vintage , the magazine frame ears slid into slots in the front and back of the magazine opening (on the bottom of the receiver). Depending on the fit, some builders would swage the ears in place. The magazine that you purchased looks like the new configuration feeding system – which does not physically attach to the receiver (as the old configuration did). Savage does not sell or endorse any conversion kit for this vintage receiver.

Savage Arms.

Feedback Score

Default Savage Model 10

I was sold a model 10 floorplate as model 110 magzine conversion.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Savage 110 DBM Conversion-sav10pc4.jpg  

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

crap that does suck! i have a 110 in 30-06 that i was going to do the same.
    al gore is full of carbon enriched shit

Feedback Score

You could ask over at savageshooters.com . It depends on what configuration your rifle is. In a centerfeed magazine you could probably do it. CDI has bottom metal for these they can also inlet the stock for you. If you want to do this. You need the right stock for this. The one with the botton on the side. You will need a magazine box, a magzine latch spring and pin and the magazine. I wouldn't recommned what I did is there is no way to hold the magazine in the box.
    110GC - 111GC - 111FC - 114C Clip Type | World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools - BROWNELLS

Feedback Score

Default DBM Conversions

First of all I would surmise your rifle would need to be a centefeed model. This is what Savage claims.

Then there are three ways to do this ;

1) The CDI method , you would half to buu the metal about 200 dollars, have your stock inletting and buy a magazine. Probably about 300 dollars at least.

2) The second method. Get stock a stock with a side botton from Numrich for $75.00 dollars, you will need a magazine they are about $58.00 dollars, plus othe parts like a farme, magazibe box, spring, magazine latch and and pin, these parts are about $36.40 form Numrich. So this would cost about 170 dollars.

3) The third way would to be what I tried. You need a magazine frame from Savage. I would guess they cost about $70.00 dollars. You would need a Model 10 Magazine that would be about 50 dollars if you can find one. Then you would need a stock inletted for this frame. Numrich has them and they cost $127.00 dollars.This would cost probably about $250.00 dollars.

It may be better to just get a different rifle.

Search tags for this page

savage 110 magazine conversion

savage model 110 detachable magazine conversion

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.