Military gun supply sucks ass
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Military gun supply sucks ass

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default Military gun supply sucks ass

Here is a brief description of my latest attempt to buy something from them:

I have shopped you guys for the last several years and always been happy until now. I called your store on Monday to inquire about an "Iraqi" bayonet that was listed on an internet auction, the gentleman who answered the phone could offer no help as the warehouse man had left for the day, he did say I could bid on it and they would be happy to ship it as shipping would probably be cheaper than gas anyway. I live close so that answer made no sense. He was not rude just not very helpful.

I drove to your store yesterday and asked about the bayonets and a box of Russian bayonets was brought out (One can tell they are Russian by the maker markings on them), no problem as I wanted a Russian bayo for my collection anyway so I picked one out and presented it to the man behind the counter and he called to the back for a price and I was told $60.00. The same bayonet was listed on the auction for $49.99 and has not been bid on and probably wont sell. In the past I would look at your website and see something I would like to have only to drive to your store and be informed that was the "internet price" or "dealer cost". I have yet to purchase from your store since being informed of that policy and I did not purchase anything yesterday either.

Please explain to me why you would turn away a paying customer who is already in your store willing to purchase an item that you are willing to sell at a price via the internet or to a dealer but not to myself. BTW, It is my opinion that your front counter people could do a better job of trying to "save" the sale instead of just letting me walk out without a word.

I have watched your auctions on Gunbroker, Auctionarms, and Gunsamerica and you and I have had the conversation regarding eBay and their stupid anti-gun policies and not being able to list on that auction site. Items simply do not sell on those three sites the way they would on eBay therefore your policy seems even less smart.

I will wait for your reply and decide then if I will ever shop your business again or if I will post my experience on the various gunboards. Not a threat, merely letting you know that I will share my experience one way or another.

Sincerely,
    James Newport

Feedback Score

wow. First I'm on akfiles and see this now here let me guess your one of those chodes that tries to get a vendor to bend to your will or you will flame them on a bunch of boards right? reading your "complaint" it looks like you didn't get your way and are now trying to "make them pay" what other boards did you flame them on.

Gunco Slightly Irregular cammobunker's Avatar
    Feedback Score

Question

So, why don't you just buy it online, then have it shipped to your house? Is the shipping going to push it past 60$? Why the big "they suck ass" post? So, they don't like face to face sales. It's entirely their loss if you don't buy it, and by buying online you are reducing their profit margin, both by purchase price and by auction fees.
    Or, you could just purchase it online then have them hold it for pick up.
    "All right, you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this? This is my boomstick!"
    -Ash, Army of Darkness
    "There are two kinds of people in this world, Tuco.
    Those with loaded guns,
    and those who dig. You dig."
    -Blondie, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

I live right by them too and although I don't like their walk in price policy either I certainly don't think they "suck ass". They've always been good to me.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default response

I stick by "they suck ass" comment, and BTW so does Bulldog

Feedback Score

you have put me in my place thats for sure

but your still

Feedback Score

I just got a 74 folder from them that was supposed to be a complete set/matching #' It arrived and was ok, bayo not matching though as were the other kits I got elsewheere. My only problem was that the grip screw was missing. I e mailed them and no reply so far. It's not that big a deal but I would have liked to get the kit finished without having to search for a screw and a reply would have been nice. .02

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

MGS doesn't suck ass. They have been great to work with. The latest flyer they sent out detailed their retail store website along with their retail store pricing... which is different from their wholesale pricing. It's right on the front of their flyer in bold lettering. This thread is about as lame as Puke. Go ahead and threaten them... I'm sure you'll have a real big impact. Actually when someone like you posts assinine things like this it makes me want to give them more business.... LOL

Gunco Slightly Irregular cammobunker's Avatar
    Feedback Score

Puke, Bulldog896 and price001-
    Gentlemen, you are all newbs here so let me help you out here. This is a polite place. I'm guessing you all know one another from other boards. Let me be perfectly clear: we don't really care what you guys have going on elsewhere, if anything. Here, personal flames aren't well thought of. The original post was sort of tactless, and I personally would prefer not to see vendors described as "sucking ass", but thats just me. However, the personal flame stuff needs to stop.
    Thank you!
    "All right, you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this? This is my boomstick!"
    -Ash, Army of Darkness
    "There are two kinds of people in this world, Tuco.
    Those with loaded guns,
    and those who dig. You dig."
    -Blondie, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Puke, I don't know if I'm really sure what the purpose of your thread is for. I have never dealt with this company, but have heard positive things from other people. Sounds like you don't agree with some of their selling tactics. I think most of us could advise you to put your money where your mouth is. If these guys arent a good company, they will eventually fail. On another note, I just figured I'd let you know that I really didn't enjoy reading the title to your thread. No, I'm not a moderator, just another member that enjoys this clean, wholesome site. If you wouldn't mind, please help keep this a clean and enjoyable place for all of us. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.