Thread: Alleghany Arsenal - The pits !!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Angry Alleghany Arsenal - The pits !!

The reason I'm posting this here is because Alleghany Arsenal sells AK parts along with other types. I recently had a horrible experience with them. It was the first and last time I'll deal with them. Buyer beware........I don't want anyone to have to go through the same problems I'm involved with now. I don't have an axe to grind with Alleghany and I just want to get my money back. Please heed this warning.

DO NOT deal with Alleghany Arsenal. They are selling Yugo M-53 parts sets pawned off as MG-42 parts sets. The parts sets are advertised as excellent condition mostly German WWII MG-42 parts kits. What they deliver are Yugo M-53 part kits containing a few German parts. The quality of the parts vary from excellent to fair. It's a rip off. I know - I purchased one from Orin's group buy and got taken.

Then there's the damaged and missing parts. No recuperator, no feedtray. The trunnion was mismatched German and Yugoslavian - the side plate would not even slide into the trunnion groove.

On top of it all Alleghany Arsenal's owner Greg is the at the bottom on everyone's list in customer service. Absolutely the worse. Now I have to go through my credit card company to attempt to get relief. What a mess - what a mistake.

Don't do like me. Don't ever deal with Alleghany Arsenal.

Did I do that?

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Sorry to hear that man! That under folder GB Weaponer did a while back was Allegheny and I got real nice peice, but that is one thing compared to what you bought. Good luck getting it straight and let us know.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Thanks for the thoughts Sang.

Looks like with Alleghany when things go good - it's good, but when things go bad it's horrible !!

I understand that everyone get's a lousy kit every once in a while, but Damn it when it does happen I expect the seller to back up his goods.

There's only a couple of companies or so who's customer service is so lousy that I would swear never to do business with again and would warn others of the perils - one of them is Alleghany Arsenal.

Did I do that?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Have you contacted them and they blew you off? What do they sell I have never heard of them.
    "It's all over but the cryin'!"Moonshiner

Feedback Score

Man I hate hearing about things like this. Sorry this happened to you. We also ran a group buy on MG42s and it hasn't turned out any better. It wasn't with Allegheny though. I hope you get what's coming to you one way or another.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Magnus - yes (http://www.mg34.com)

Shortrnd - I've read the reviews on Weaponeer website. Geez, I don't feel alone - guess misery loves company. At least the folks at I/O back up their product

Here's a complete list of the problems with the kit;

The kit was advertised as mostly German WWII parts - heck most of the parts are
    not even German
    The following are Yugoslavian M-53 parts;
    1) Complete Bolt and Bolt Carrier
    2) Barrel
    3) Bipod assy
    4) Charging handle assy
    5) Complete trigger housing and assembly
    6) Flashider

Parts are missing and are as follows;
    1) Recuperator assembly and attachment hardware
    2) Clip for rear site retaining pin
    3) Front sight plunger
    4) Feed tray

Broken parts:
    1) Buttstock retainer latch
    2) Cracked buttstock
    3) Top cover latch retaining screw threads stripped / hole threads stripped. Screw staked to hold it in place - loose and flops around.

Mismatched parts;
    1) Trunnion - 1 part German WWII, one part Yugo - side piece won't even slid into
    trunnion groove

Poor condition ;
    1) Barrel corrosion pitting - severe pitting in barrel for last 1 foot area of muzzle end
    2) Bolt exhibits fair condition - excessive/deep pitting (circular ring) on bolt face around firing pin

I understand that it's perfectly within reason that someone will get a lousy kit ever so often, but I also expect the supplier to stand behind their product when it does occur. Orin is trying to help but Greg will not back his product. The kit is so far off what is advertised that I only wanted to return it for a refund - I subsequently took my business to another supplier. Greg said he'll make an exception this time even though it's a group buy and except the return and charge me 15% restocking fee. Then to add insult to injury he went on to inform me that he will take off the price of the missing parts (for example $125 for the missing feed tray - give me a break), of which he never sent, off my return because after all they would never make such a mistake. I told him I was not about to pay for his mistakes.

The guy is advertising an excellent, mostly German WWII manufactured MG-42 parts kit - I got a fair-excellent Yugo M-53 parts kit with a few German parts. The kit is not even close to that advertised. They can and do make mistakes - just come see this kit and tell me it's what they were supposed to ship. If I wanted a M-53 kit that's what I would have purchased. I bought the parts kit for the sole purpose of collecting the German WWII parts.

Beware of Allegehany Arsenal particularily for group buys. A company is only a good as their customer service - in this case it's horrible.

BTW - "I hope you get what's coming to you one way or another." I'm not sure if I really want what's coming to me.....

Did I do that?

Gunco Slightly Irregular cammobunker's Avatar
    Feedback Score

Sounds to me like he decided to dump his less-than-great parts sets off to the group buy, figuring that they were a captive audience.
    He's all but calling you a thief by deducting the cost of the missing parts saying he would never make a mistake. Essentially, he's accusing you of keeping them.
    Crossing this vendor *off* my list.
    "All right, you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this? This is my boomstick!"
    -Ash, Army of Darkness
    "There are two kinds of people in this world, Tuco.
    Those with loaded guns,
    and those who dig. You dig."
    -Blondie, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

This is the first time I've ever posted a thread about someone's lousy service. I don't like doing it but I also don't want others to have to go through the same thing I'm going through. As I'm sure you all are aware, the quality of parts kits vary tremendously. IMHO this makes it essential to deal with only those suppliers with good customer service. Every dealer I've ever dealt with that has sent out a substandard parts kit, we've been able to get a deal worked out. My experience with Alleghany is one for the books.

Did I do that?

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.