Vector RPD
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vector RPD

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Default Vector RPD

I finally got to bring my RPD home last night. This thing is awesome!!! It was not what I was expecting as far as the finish. I was expecting a gun made from rough russian parts and refinished. What this is is more like a mauser form the early 1900's. There are no machine marks, all the parts are perfect with clean sharp edges and it all fits together perfectly.
    The price for a belt fed weapon is more than reasonable. The people at Vector really deserve a double thumbs up for this.
    I have 300 rounds belted up and ready as soon as the range opens up next week to take it out and test it out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vector RPD-rpd1.jpg  

Vector RPD-rpd2.jpg  

Vector RPD-rpd3.jpg  

Vector RPD-rpd4.jpg  

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

SWEET !
    "It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

Feedback Score

Damnit! I am so envious of you. If i had the money....

MUCH thanks for the pics.

Please post how it handles.

<----- Anyone who owns one of these

And that is nicer then I expected as well.

I have two rifles by Vector, top notch.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

it is a sweet firing rifle, you should have zero problems with it from the git go.........it's quality built through and through........does yours have the arsenal mark on the top cover like mine?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vector RPD-feed-cover.jpg  

"I can make this march, and make georgia howl!"

Gen. William Tecumseh Sherman

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Beautiful rifles.

I was under the impression these were built using Bulgarian parts kits, but that arsenal mark looks like Tula.

I guess that the Bulgarians certainly got a lot of their RPD's from the Soviets to start with, before production started up full force in Bulgaria.
    "RPG kaboom tank!"

Comrade Soldier Koverchenko

Feedback Score

Mine was shipped this week. The extra week delay is driving me nuts. I hope mine looks that good.
    Last edited by cal50; 03-24-2005 at 10:38 PM.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Templar
    Beautiful rifles.

I was under the impression these were built using Bulgarian parts kits, but that arsenal mark looks like Tula.

I guess that the Bulgarians certainly got a lot of their RPD's from the Soviets to start with, before production started up full force in Bulgaria.
    I'm pretty sure that's excatly what happened........it had me stumped for a while, why is there a soviet arsenal stamp on a bulgarian RPD? then I recalled that when the bulgarian maks came into this country there were soviet ones mixed in with them......so no doubt that the soviets either sold or gave them their RPDs.......oh yeah, straight from the mother country, by way of bulgaria

and I believe the arsenal mark is ISHEVESK......although maybe back in the 50 or 60s tula may have used a oval arrow. I used to have a site bookmarked of the different arseanl marks used by tula and ishvesk over a period of time.
    "I can make this march, and make georgia howl!"

Gen. William Tecumseh Sherman

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by W.T. Sherman
    I'm pretty sure that's what happened........it had me stumped for a while, why is there a sovier arsenal stamp on a bulgarian RPD? then I recalled that when the bulgarian maks came into this country a lot of them were soviet ones......so no doubt that the soviets either sold or gave them their RPDs.......oh yeah, straight from the mother country, by way of bulgaria
    Sounds like a hell of a score Sherman.
    "RPG kaboom tank!"

Comrade Soldier Koverchenko

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Mine doesn't have any marks on the top cover, there are some marks on the feed tray but that is all.
    I think all there stuff looks excellent, I saw a couple underfolder AK's and they were beautifull too. I have been waiting for mu underfolder since dec. It was supposed to ship last month, but got delayed. I spoke to them this week and it is supposed to ship in a few days. I asked how long the wait is for another AK and they said at least 6 months. Aparently they don't have parts. It seems that good parts are becoming scarce all around.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

WTS, did you get a cloth cover with your gun? does it fit? The one I got is about 3" shot.
    Did you get a sling? Was it nice? the one I got is beyond hope.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.