Gunco Forums banner

springfield 1911 10 round mags???

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  bubbamauser 
#1 ·
just got two springfield 10 round mags from PSA. they had them on sale for $16 each and i am a sucker to save a dime.

i have been running the chip-mc power mags in 10 round --their great mags by the way --but they cost about twice as much as the springfields when these are on sale, now most REAL springfield mags are made by metalform --a big OEM supplier . i have a few metalform mags in 7 and 8 rounds and their all very good.

now these mags arrive and they have plastic on them that says "pro-mag"-- i thinking WTF? their a bit longer than the 10 round chips too.

the two mags seem to work OK in the foster/cap framed guns IF you load um up with FMJ.

one of the mags fits way too tight in my RIA framed 1911s but the other one works ok.

lots of nose diving with JHPs and ramp hangs-ups. any gun with any frame --

provided you just target shooting with FMJ rounds they seem OK --good enough i won't be sending them back

personally i don't think these mags are springfield OEM mags at all-- i think their pro-mag made.

i have noticed that PSA has jumped thir price up to $26 for these mags--they ain't worth that-- as you can get those chips for about $29 that are way-way better--

forgot about saving a dime and get the chip power mag if your wanting 10 rounds of 45acp in your 1911--

See less See more
#3 ·
they run OK provided you pay close attention to what load and what gun their going in.-- yea they don't hold a candle to the chips! now real metalforms might be a bit better-- which these were advertised as metalforms--LOL first time PSA got to me--

#4 ·
When I started collecting 1911 magazines I liked the SS Kimber mags and found out about a company called "Checkmate". I ordered ten checkmate seven round magazines for my stash. Plus I have about 20 other 1911 mags.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.