Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bass Pro

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

The Bass pro we have here in so florida, has the largest fishng selection in store that I have ever seen, its my go to place, plus they have a large selection of reloading primers and powders, mom and pop shops don't have
    yes i like mom and pops shops and prefer to go there for my used firearms,( what few new I buy) but you can't beat basspro for the fishing equiptment
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

As most of you guys know,,,I'm at most of these big box type stores during the winter doing the fishing seminars and most are overpriced,,,for sure!!! But in many cases it's the only place you can find some stuff handy, other than by mail order.

By far Bass Pro is my favorite, but none in this area unfortunately. Gander Mt I've noticed has gone down hill quite a bit in the last 5 years or so and they won't even give the people that come in to do promotions for them a discount anymore,,,and we don't get paid anything other than mileage and lodging. Then that comes from the company's we work for,,not the stores. I used to get anywhere from 20-30% when we did stuff there, now they won't give anybody one,,,,0. Even there employes don't get very much of one now,,,and it shows in the caliber of employes they have now too. Just maul rat types instead of someone actually well versed in what ever department/sport they work in. Now,,,,You ask some for replacement de-capper pins,,,,and they look at you like you got a third eye!!!! Most don't have a clue what your talking about now days !!!

I don't see Gander being around all that much longer if they don't shape things up,,,they,,, have ,,,,gone all "corporate" now and it shows in there staffs attitude and quality and flow of customers you see in the stores. I've even been told that by the employes there I've known for quite some time.

Up in Maine last year we were doing a seminar @ Gander and it was a virtual ghost town ,,,considering it was only 1 week before Christmas, and on the way home we stopped at a Cabellas just to touch base on an up coming "ice expo event" being held there just a few days later,,,,and it was packed!!! The difference was like night and day!!!

And this was just across town, so defiantly Gander has slipped,,funny part one of the guys that used to work at Gander,,,the top guy in the firearms dept,,, was now at Cabellas and he told us he was much happier working there. And he'd been at Gander for well >10-15 years.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I usually go to the mom and pop stores in town and when they don't have it I'll drive up to Sherwood to Academy Sports and Ft Thompson stores. We have a Gander Mt as well but you can go across the freeway to Academy or Ft Thompson and get the same gun for a lot less. I was just hoping that Bass Pro would at least be in the ball park price wise, so I didn't have to drive as far. I drive right past it on my way to Sherwood. Bass Pro is 16 miles from home and Academy, Ft Thompson is 34 miles. The savings are worth the drive.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score

I take my guys to BassPro just so they can handle guns that I don't have. I put an M-9 in my 12 yo's hands and he drops the mag, checks the chamber, puts the mag back in and racks the slide all in one motion, all while holding the slide-release down so the slide would immediately go back to battery. He says to me, 'the springs are a little stiffer than on my 1911'. You should have seen the looks on the faces of the two men standing behind him.
    As for me, I go to check out the boat prices. These prices make me fall in love all over again with my 25 year old skiff. Can't say as I've ever bought anything there other than a magazine(the reading type)and a couple bowstrings.
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

I just dropped $250 bucks at Gander Mountain Saint Augestine, I think it was? Bought some Ugly Stick fishing poles, 12 lb. test line and Power Bait worms.
    $35 Flueger fishing reels. Hell I caught more fish, not really that many, on my $35 Browning reel than I did my expensive Shimanos. Frig that expensive stuff.
    Primarily convenience on the fishing gear. Better prices elsewhere, yes for sure. But I hate shopping.
    But I primarily go in those store to look at the sales girls. I don't know who hires them but those chicks are friggen hot. I just buy stuff so they don't think I am some old prevert just drooling on the sales girls. Guys go too jail for that stuff.
    "You drooling on that girl son?"
    "Honest to God Officer, I have a tooth ache, no Sir."
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Does bass pro sell tenkara fishing rods and flies? My family doctor has been trying to get me to try it but I'm really not convinced yet.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by stalker1 View Post
    Does bass pro sell tenkara fishing rods and flies? My family doctor has been trying to get me to try it but I'm really not convinced yet.
    Possibly they do stalker? Dang thing is those shops are like Wally World. Not necessarily the best prices but one stop shopping. Dang blast it they have everything yah want. Smart on their part. Start at one end and come out with everything yah need.
    I just do the fishing stuff, poles, hooks, etc.. Ah a couple of extra bucks, but I hate shopping. No I am not wealthy, just lazy I guess?
    In shop have fun out done. Just don't drool on the sales girls.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

My family doctor has been trying to get me
    Dude, if your doctor's been suggesting it, YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT. $3-500 for a fly stick? One of you is nutz.
    HUnter

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

LOL Hunter! He also paints landscapes! Bamboo and bait is what I was taught. But he got money.bunch of mine for sure.he's one of them ohm guys.a good doc tho.diagnosed my neuropathy first and saved me a lot of pain. Hell I'm glad he goes outside to fish and hike.and he's Irish.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

LOL Hunter! He also paints landscapes! Bamboo and bait is what I was taught. But he got money.bunch of mine for sure.he's one of them ohm guys.a good doc tho.diagnosed my neuropathy first and saved me a lot of pain. Hell I'm glad he goes outside to fish and hike.and he's Irish.
    stalker if you want to fly fish, stop at Orivs. Great prices on fly fishing reels, think they start at $500 smackers.
    Orvis Official Store: Quality Men's Clothing, Women's Clothing, Fly Fishing Gear, Dog Beds, Home Furnishings, Luggage, Travel, Hunting, and Gifts; Since 1856.
    Stopped in the Orivs in Manchester Vermont years back, beautiful shotguns on a rack. Ask the sales rep what he wants for it?
    "That one is custom for a customer, ran him $17,500. Don't drop it." Don't drop it, I almost fainted. That was 30 years ago.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.