Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bass Pro

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default Bass Pro

Some time ago I posted that we would be getting a Basspro here in central AR. Well, we got it, and to be honest with you I'm not impressed. Most prices are higher than the higher priced mom and pop gun related shops around here, and way higher than wally world on the same stuff, i.e. Blackhawk, etc. I guess they cater to the high dollar outdoors folks and tourists. The selection isn't that great, either. They do have a lot of guns, but so does many other box stores in the area. I think it is a flop, but the parking lot is still full daily, having opened up right before Christmas, so what do I know?
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I find Basspro to be better than Dicks, sports authority, but on par with Cabelas
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

people will buy ANYTHING!

just make it out of disposable PLASTIC and write tactical on it --use a fancy military sounding brand name and you can't miss--LOL

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Most people I know only go to Cabellas, Gander Mt or Bass pro to actually handle something they're interested about and make a judgment on quality or application before buying it online at a way cheaper price.
    Me too.
    member # 575

Feedback Score

The only thing impressive about the big Cabellas, Gander Mtn. or Bass Pro Shops are the stores themselves. Never bought much of anything from any one of them. When you walk into these massive multi-million dollar stores you have got to know the prices will be jacked up!
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I used to live by a gander, and a bass pro within 20 minutes and cabellas about 45 minutes away. Gander used to be the place until they tried to grow to fast, put too much importance on clothing (not talking camo) and used inventory from their catalog division to stock their new stores. Once the new stores failed they lost the catalog division and they began to really, really suck. Bass pro also puts too much emphasis on clothing and relies on the sales flyers to lure people in to buy whatever they've marked down. Cabellas is leaning towards the yuppie crowd and the prices reflect that. Still a better selection that walmart.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

On a side note, I bought my Marlin guide gun in 450 marlin at gander mt back in the day. It was cheaper there than anywhere, including Guns Galore!
    I'm betting moleman knows about guns galore.
    member # 575

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

There's one about a half hour from me, not impressed either, only went to it once and never went back.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I had to have the new dual fuel coleman lantern when it came out a few years ago. Only BassPro had it, and I had to drive 25 miles north to get there.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

when i was a kid-- a long time ago, i bought a lot of fishing tackle from grander mountain mail order--

i can't recall if it was over priced or not --probably was.--LOL i liked gander till they went all corporate. once they go corporate you just dealing with a wanna-be wally-martz in a flannel shirt.

i kind of miss the old mom and pop type of sporting goods stores/ fishing tackle stores , ya know the ones that were converted from a run down gas station.

today everything has to be some kind of billion dollar shopping mall and somebody has got to pay for all the expense--

and what the heck is going on with all the shopping mall building anyway? every where you look there putting in some kind of new shopping center/mall.

funny thing is eery time i go in a mall -- it don't look like people are buying the place out. sort of looks like it is difficult to keep the places in the mall open.

some idea wall street has got --build a lot of shopping malls then print more paper and borrow against the mall? certainly some type of "paper" being traded that is pushing for the mall building ---

some kind of paper pumping/fraud going on here --no way some of these malls will ever break even-- cause the start too far in the red.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.