Gun Safes?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun Safes?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Default Gun Safes?

Been wanting one for a long time. I want one of the large ones with really thick walls and door, fire proof, etc. Who's got them? Who's the cheapest? Who's the best? How much will I be out?Thanks!

Feedback Score

I'll sell you my vault door for 1300 plus 500 $ to ship

Feedback Score

Just bought a Fort Knox 52 gun for $3800.00 I checked them all out and from what I found it's pretty hard to beat a Fort Knox. They aint cheap but then neither are what is going to go in it...4 hurricanes last year sure had me sweating my collection. I could just picture a county mounty checking out my pickup with a dozen or so ak's & various others during a traffic stop during an evacuation

Feedback Score

WARNING!!!!! I don't care how thick the safe is, the majority of safes have *sheet metal* floors.

There have been many a safe tipped over and bottom punched out (punched in, technically) and all the guns stolen.

Make sure your Safe that you buy has a floor as strong as the sides.

Most dealers will scoff at this advice and tell you just to bolt it to the floor. I see that as a half ass solution, and but others conisder it acceptable.

Just something to keep in mind.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by GRIMACE
    WARNING!!!!! I don't care how thick the safe is, the majority of safes have *sheet metal* floors.

There have been many a safe tipped over and bottom punched out (punched in, technically) and all the guns stolen.

Make sure your Safe that you buy has a floor as strong as the sides.

Most dealers will scoff at this advice and tell you just to bolt it to the floor. I see that as a half ass solution, and but others conisder it acceptable.

Just something to keep in mind.
    Some 1/4 steel on the bottom would take care of that and can plug welded to the floor of the safe and the edges of the walls and you lose only a 1/4 of inside height,Good insurance if your scared of this.
    Also Fort Knox made a less expensive line of safes called the Defender series
    but I haven checked if they still sell it, You could order all the same bells and whisles like inteior lighting and fireproofing but the inside were a low pile carpet and not as nicely finished and the exterior was a epoxy spatter paint. Not the high end Automotive finish but the specs for the body were the same for there low end Fort Knox models but at a savings.
    Normal is Boring!

Feedback Score

My supervisor just bought one from Dicks sporting goods on barrett pkwy and spent I think $150.00. I will find out for you tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Check these out

eBay item 7144572586 (Ends Mar-28-05 16:44:10 PST) - 30" Wide WF22 Green 1300 deg Fire Safe, Home Gun Safes

Wells Fargo Safe, free shipping

eBay item 7144577204 (Ends Mar-28-05 17:06:23 PST) - 30" Wide WF25 Burgandy 1300 deg Fire Safe, Home Gun Safes

Wells Fargo Safe, free shipping

There were others.

NNGL (No New Gun Laws), Keep the Criminals in Prison and leave my Guns alone.

Fords and Chevy's kill more people than guns do, let's ban them.

Pro 2-A, Gun Carrying Conservative, Anglican American

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Warning.

The guy that decides how many guns a safe will hold, is the same guy that tries to tell you that you can sleep 6 guys in a 6 man tent.

Meaning all 6 guys have to be built like Willie shoemaker or all the rifles must be the size of a .22 short gallery gun.

I have a real life formula, that works for both tents and safes.
    Take the number they give you, divide by 2 then subtract 1.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Mine was a little high in cost and I thought it would never be filled but...

Take the # of guns owned now by a starving Tech student, multiply it by your age to the exponential of your GPA and that's how many you'll have in 5 years.
    There is no nonsense so errant that it cannot be made the creed of the vast majority by adequate governmental action. -- Bertrand Russell

"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." Robert J. Hanlon

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 7.62x39
    Warning.

The guy that decides how many guns a safe will hold, is the same guy that tries to tell you that you can sleep 6 guys in a 6 man tent.

Meaning all 6 guys have to be built like Willie shoemaker or all the rifles must be the size of a .22 short gallery gun.

I have a real life formula, that works for both tents and safes.
    Take the number they give you, divide by 2 then subtract 1.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.