Cold steel Solutions
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cold steel Solutions

Feedback Score

Default Cold steel Solutions

Can I have some feedback on Cold Steel Solutions? In regard to the bent blanks they sell?
    Militia of one

Feedback Score

dazysnow,

I have one of the Coldsteel receivers for the Yugo Underfolder, but I have not started work on it yet. I can say that the appearance of the blank is good and it also appears to be correct. I have not measured the hole locations yet, as mine has the hole locations centerpunched. The ones they are providing now are not centerpunched unless requested at purchase. They come with a drawing and a template. The only thing I plan to do is locate the template for cutting the top rails. This may make it a little easier to make the rough cuts, but should not be a problem.

Feedback Score

Default HOLD UP....

Hopefully Cold Steel will see this and respond:

I have 2 blanks from them. I purchased one along time ago and it was perfect. The two I have now have a couple problems:

1. Centerpunched holes are not correct and do NOT line up.

2. Reciever width is 2mm too WIDE!!! I compared to my original Yugo reciever and the first blnk they send me and there is an approx. 2mm difference. Now, I must find elongated pins or recess the reciever to accomidate.

OUCH!!

Feedback Score

Default Addition>

I realize this may be a little harsh. By no means am I stating these blanks are no good. These guys are really great and I should probably contact them before I post here. oooops! Sorry Cold-Steel.

I have had great service from them and my first blank was excellent.

Tom

Sunny South Florida aka: knee deep in horse manure!
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Tom,
    Are the pins that come with the Yugo longer? I haven't had a chance to check mine yet. Did you get the standard thickness receiver or the heavier one? I am also waiting for some receivers from Coldsteel.
    Life Is For Service

Feedback Score

gtbehary,

It is my understanding that the Yugo pins ARE longer since the original receiver is the thicker RPK type, but I did not check them. I am out of town until the end of the week and won't be able to confirm until then. If you go to Coldsteel's website, he address the long/short pin issue with his receivers. My kit is the heavier RPK type and the Coldsteel receiver is the RPK type so I should be OK.

Sunny South Florida aka: knee deep in horse manure!
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks. I am expecting my receivers this week.
    Life Is For Service

Feedback Score

I just measured the pins in my RPK kit and they were 1.396", same as pins in 47 & 74 kits I have. But since I can't vouch for the origin of all the parts, this may not mean anything. My measurment of the CS thickness was .064 while the stub from my RPK kit was .060 and just for the heck of it I measured an OOW at .050 and a Vulcan at .040.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

The pins are the same OAL.The Yugo trunnions are actually narrower than an AKM~(1.125) rather than 1.250.The thirty or fourty thou difference is to the inside.The Yugo receiver stubs I have the calipers on between typing words are actually slightly narrower than a regular AK in outside dim.That is one of the reasons I sent my CS blank back a month ago.A regular Polish U.F. trunnion had .030 of slop so I knew it would be way out with .070 of rattle.That was not the only problem but it was enough for me.The pins will not be a problem if the receiver is the right specs.Mine was not ,some may very well be.Just remember......
    It's only metal, it's not magic.

No Rest For The Wicked wickedmedic's Avatar
    Feedback Score

My first Coldsteel blank worked fine for the most part. The center punched holes were off. Luckly I have a mig welder and was able to fix them. I drilled it before I measured the holes. Hopefully the blanks for the Yugo's will be a little better. The first blank I had was for a Polish underfolder. I got the blank to work, but it took some time and patients. The pins that came with my Yugo, look to be the same length as the AMD and other 47's.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.