Gunco Forums banner

Wolf Quality Control

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Evil_Walks 
#1 ·
I opened up a new case of Wolf 5.45x39 FMJ today. When I was loading my AK-74 mags I noticed one round didn't look right. It was a 223! Has anyone else had this experience?

#5 ·
GaryXD said:
I opened up a new case of Wolf 5.45x39 FMJ today. When I was loading my AK-74 mags I noticed one round didn't look right. It was a 223! Has anyone else had this experience?
Not cool, but given the source not impossible. Hell, some Americans still can't get my order right at fast food joints speaking through the latest microphones and speakers technology has to offer.

Since I have AK's in the two major Commie calibers and a 5.56 I have to be careful with Wolf/Russian ammo. Considering I use 5.45 bakelite mags in one of the 5.56 rifles even more so. (I run a strip of electical tape on the base of the 5.56 designated mags above the floorplate. And no, I don't know how to get a good feed fully loaded, I stick with 20 rounds, the weight helps determine which mags go with which caliber rifle)

Haven't had a problem yet but if I got a mix-up from the factory I'd be whining until I got a free case. But that's me... :dunno:

Be sure to update if you find any more, most definitely a dangerous scenerio. I think contacting Wolf directly would be a very good move.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.