Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: JoeKen

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Walks
    he name of the company is almost as if B****** himself funded the operation. The way they do business I'd almost swear "he" was "they".
    Is that to infer that your conclusion is that some "owners" of the other board are financially involved with the company in question?

I wouldn't doubt it.

Feedback Score

I don't think I'd go that far but they went from a small outfit that seemed a little inexperienced to "big-time sponser' rather quickly. I was tempted to get in on one of their pre-orders early on, after seeing the fallout I'm glad I went with my intuition.
    "Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you is the nature of my game" -efil4zaggin

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Just a little food for thought! Their is speculation that these might be the Romainian kits that everyone has been waiting on for months now on goonsnet!

edit: for got the link----http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=586&e=3&u=/nm/20040420/wl_nm/italy_us_arms_dc

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by yosuthnmasa
    Just a little food for thought! Their is speculation that these might be the Romainian kits that everyone has been waiting on for months now on goonsnet!

edit: for got the link----http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=586&e=3&u=/nm/20040420/wl_nm/italy_us_arms_dc
    well, i did talk to brandy at i/o yesterday, they are out of kits.

Feedback Score

Thumbs down

They jerked me around for a month on a lousy set of rails & center support. Finally canceled the order. We will see if they credit my card. Will keep you posted!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Man I hate to hear this about JoeKen, I?ve got a Vulcan receiver coming on Monday at my gun shop (If UPS is correct) and I?ll pick it up on Tuesday night. The order was placed on 4-17-04 so you can figure how long it has taken to get it shipped, I don?t care because I?m still getting things together for the build, and because I defragged my hard drives and Norton Utilities screwed-up over two months of saved info on building AK-47?s. I know BACKUP! BACKUP! BACKUP! Norton is good but when it screws up your screwed big time.
    "Moss Isley spaceport. You'll not find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy"
    (Actually this better describes Washington than Moss Isley)

Sunny South Florida aka: knee deep in horse manure!
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I guess I have been one of the luck ones. I have had nothing but good dealings with them. I have ordered receivers (pre-order) knowing that there was going to be a wait and received them when I was supposed to. I received Vulcan receivers at an unbelievably low price (even the ser. number was moved to the correct place). I ordered a flat from JoeKen and my shipment was missing the rails. I called them and the rails wer shipped within the week. I hate to see others getting such poor service. I guess it is the luck of the draw.
    gtbehary........ ak builder, hack machinist, nuclear worker and violin huckster!

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)

gtbehary I think you are correct, it is hit or miss. something is wrong when a customer is told next week for four months no matter how you slice it, it would be better to say we have no idea when but the order is still on back order. at least that would be honest. Again I do have to mention I got on first namd basis with a guy their and he hand selected for me out of the pile and I did get what I asked for. We ordered a polish kit form him and had to give up it took so long so we never got it. ordered from global and it arived ASAP. AGAIN hit or miss with joe so do not order anything critical but if you see a great deal try it if the deal takes a crap you havent lost out.

Sunny South Florida aka: knee deep in horse manure!
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hotbarrel
    gtbehary I think you are correct, it is hit or miss. something is wrong when a customer is told next week for four months no matter how you slice it, it would be better to say we have no idea when but the order is still on back order. at least that would be honest. Again I do have to mention I got on first namd basis with a guy their and he hand selected for me out of the pile and I did get what I asked for. We ordered a polish kit form him and had to give up it took so long so we never got it. ordered from global and it arived ASAP. AGAIN hit or miss with joe so do not order anything critical but if you see a great deal try it if the deal takes a crap you havent lost out.
    I believe that I am the exception here. My friend ordered his compliance parts from Joeken. He didn't receive anything yet, so it will be a while before he builds his first AK.
    gtbehary........ ak builder, hack machinist, nuclear worker and violin huckster!

Feedback Score

Default 2 cents

I ordered a reciever and month after month the same song, next week, next week. After about three months they came in, and for a small upcharge I could get two as consolation. I said "ok" as the price was right. When they came in I was happy enough, but later noticed that one of they was slightly bent, fixable but bent. So I guess what I'm saying is you get what you pay for...eventually.

Isn't it funny the other site deletes posts like this (a free speech issue) yet defends the second ammendment? To me they are very closely tied together.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.