AKparts.com

Thread: AKparts.com

KLJ
    Feedback Score

Default AKparts.com

Just thought I'd post my experience w/ AKPARTS.com. The following are the email's sent and recieved. You be the Judge!

To: cben@scrtc.com

Sent: Monday, February 14, 2005 11:49 PM

Subject: YUGOFOLDRKT) Yugoslavian made AK-47 Parts Kit with Underfolding Stock!!!

Are the barrels crome lined with threaded muzzles? Wood or poly handgards? any accessories?

Thanks

KJ

To: Ken Johnson

Sent: Monday, February 14, 2005 10:14 PM

Subject: Re: YUGOFOLDRKT) Yugoslavian made AK-47 Parts Kit with Underfolding Stock!!!

Hi Ken, the barrels will be chrome lined and threaded. These are military rifle kits so they should still have the bayonet lugs too if that model was equipped with them. The furniture is supposed to be all wood handguards and buttstocks, of course on the underfolding kits the stock is metal. It's understood that we won't accept plastic junk, if we wanted plastic junk we'd buy Romanian AK kits for alot less money. There's no accessories included unless they throw something in by surprise. We always include any extras for the customer if we get anything on the intro orders. The early bird orders will get the select kits at the intro price. Best, Chris

To: Chris Bennett

Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2005 7:31 AM

Subject: Re: YUGOFOLDRKT) Yugoslavian made AK-47 Parts Kit with Underfolding Stock!!!

Ok, I'de like to order 1 kit. When will these be available?

KJ

Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2005 10:49 AM

Ken, these will start shipping 03/01/05. so right about 2 weeks. We'll have the intro price deal up on the site until 03/01/05 or until all the first shipment of kits is purchased. Best, Chris

To: <KenJohnson1@peoplepc.com>
    Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2005 4:58 PM
    Subject: Order Confirmation Receipt

> Dear Ken Johnson,
    >
    > Thank you again for your order.
    >
    > Your order will be process after the PayPal payment confirmation
    >
    > Item(s) Ordered:
    > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > Item:1 - Qty:1, (YUGOFOLDRKT) Yugoslavian made AK-47 Parts Kit with
    > Underfolding Stock!!!, Price:147.95
    > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >
    > SubTotal: 147.95
    > Freight: 10.00
    > Tax: 0.00
    > Total Amount: 157.95
    >
    > Payment Type: PAYPAL
    > Date Received: Tuesday, February 15, 2005 at 7:58:53 PM
    > Order Number: 5758

To: Chris Bennett
    Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2005 4:52 AM

Dear Chris,
    It has come to my attention that yugo AK's will not interchange parts with other AK's.
    "Yugo manufactured AK's are of the highest quality. However they stand alone in that the parts (except magazine) for Yugo AK's will not interchange with other Euro or ComBloc made AK's".

This was a statement made on the subject of AK's in a gun forum. My fear is that I will not be able to find US made parts (trigger group, ect.) to make this a legal homebuilt rifle.

Since my knowledge of AK's is very limited, I would like to know your opinion.
    Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2005 10:16 AM

Ken that'd be news to me. Possibly they're thinking about the SKS rifles. Alot of people get them confused. An AK-47 is an AK-47 regardless who made it. The basic design specs are the same.
    You can pull a bolt carrier and bolt from a Chinese or Romanian AK rifle and install it in a Yugo or any other AK. Of course there are slight differences in design on all of them, some AK-47's will have milled receivers or stamped and may mount the barrels differently, like the Chinese kits that have pinned type and thread on type barrels, or for instance the AMD-65 and the Krinkov, the gas pistons are shorter than std length, but the trigger group design is exactly the same specs on all. The only visual difference you'll find on AK trigger groups is that some triggers have 2 hooks instead of one. (supposedly a safer design) but each type fits perfectly in any AK-47 receiver. The Yugo will be no different. You may find many dealers will not have the Yugo kits because they're bought out completely , Some might say something a little wrong to scare people away from the Yugo kits.
    Best, Chris

--- Ken Johnson wrote:
    >
    >> I was just wondering how we were lookin' on a ship
    >> date? I also wanted to
    >> order an oval AK47 sticker as well.
    >>
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >>
    >> KJ

----- Original Message -----
    To: "Ken Johnson" <KENJOHNSON1@peoplepc.com>
    Sent: Saturday, March 05, 2005 2:34 PM
    Subject: Re: Order Confirmation Receipt

> Ken the folding stock Yugos and the M-56 kits were not
    > on the first truck. We're told they'll be on the next
    > one possibly Monday. I'll send you some trscking info
    > as soon as we can get them in, processed, packed and
    > shipped. Thanks, Sandy
    >

Ken Johnson <KENJOHNSON1@peoplepc.com> wrote:

I was wondering if there was any word on the kits yet?
    KJ
    Portland, Or

----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 2:59 PM

Hi Ken, we've tried to get an exact delivery date on the next truck but all we receive is "We're demilling the kits as fast as possible, your kits will ship ASAP" I think they're loading the remainder of the order on one truck, so there will be plenty to go around as soon as we have them. Hang in there, they're demilling as fast as they can and these will ship out as soon as they hit the door. Thanks, Sandy

Any news on the underfolding Kits yet?

KJ
    Portland, OR. USA

Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2005 10:58 PM

Yugo order shipped UPS # 1Z 409 805 03 1013 239 0
    Thanks, Sandy

Got my kit. I have just finished cleaning all the cosmoline off. All the parts are restorable except the barrel. The barrel is bad. The rifling is worn out (off) towards the front of the barrel. If you stick a bullet into the muzzle it takes it all the way to the case and wiggles. What is the possibility of exchanging it for a good one?
    Thanks
    KJ
    Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2005 1:15 PM

Ken we have a 7 day inspection policy. The records show you received your kit on the 15th. If it was still within the 7 day inspection period I could do something for you but I can't do anything now since it's been 2 weeks. Thanks, Sandy

I don't remember ever reading anything about a 7day inspection time limit when I ordered.
    I preordered on good faith and waited an extra month and a half for the kit to arrive. Durring that time I never complained nor was I rude or insistant. I would send periodic emails asking if there was any word on shipping. Your response was always prompt and I appreciated that courtesy. I felt that I could trust that you were being honest. That is why I didn't ask for my money back, even though other yugo kits were in stock and available elsewhere.
    Even with "Guns-N-Roses" and "The Doors" carved in to the dented blue painted handgards I am not asking for a refund. Even with poor metal finish I am not asking for my money back. Even though the gas piston wobbles around in the well worn bolt carrier I am willing to do extra work to fix that problem myself.

The only reason I am asking to exchange the shot out barrel is that I just can't get another one. I have no other source. I have contacted a number of parts dealers but so far no one has any. I have contacted 5 different barrel manufactures looking for someone to make a new one. Four responded. Two said NO flat out. One said maybe but stopped responding to my emails. The last one was either on heavy medication or drunk because his sentences were jumbled and random.

I understand these are used kits. The kit was supposed to be in good condition. I believe the term used was "very solid good condition". I was expecting very solid good condition. I understand about policy but please help if you can.
    KJ
    Portland, Or. USA

Ken, we will have some individual parts for the Yugo listed this weekend, There will be some Yugo barrels.

NRA Condition Standards for Antique/Collector Firearms
    VERY GOOD: All original parts; none to 30% original finish; original metal surfaces smooth with all edges sharp; clear lettering, numerals and design on metal; wood slightly scratched or bruised; bore disregarded for collectors firearms.

Below is a paste from our "Conditions" page on the site that outlines the terms. The return policy and 7 day inspection is at the bottom. This is on the conditions page on our site. it's not hidden in any way: So far everyone agrees 7 days is more than enough time to look at the products and decide if you want to return them or not. We keep kit number records for 7 days only , after that time they're deleted. So we'd be unable to determine if a kit came from us or some other vendor after the 7 day inspection expires.

All information and pictures within this site are the sole legal property of AKParts.com. No pictures or information may be used without exclusive written permission from AKParts.com

Order info: You can place an order online or print the order from your shopping basket and mail to: AKParts.com
    PO Box 723 Munfordville, KY
    42765 USA
    We don't currently have a phone order line available. We're working on a phone order system. at (270) 786-4026 We'll place an orderline number on our home page as soon as the new system is up and running.

Payment terms are VISA, Master Card, American Express, Discover, Money Order, Cashier's Check. Personal checks are accepted but items cannot ship until the check clears your bank. This usually takes 7 to 10 working days. Please do not send cash!

Shipping Policy: AKParts.com will ship your items within 24 to 48 hours of purchase. In the event of an item being temporarily out of stock, your remaining order will be shipped or we will notify you of the short delay. Sorry, due to Customs regulations for individuals, NO Overseas Orders and NO APO Box addresses. We can ship to the United States ONLY. Businesses or Government entities may contact us for overseas purchase information and requirements.
    Shipping Charges: We make our money from parts sales, not shipping charges, so we keep the shipping as low as possible and actual. There's never a handling fee. We try to utilize UPS Ground and USPS Priority for US deliveries. High capacity magazines are not shipped to the following states unless by special permit: California, Maryland and New Jersey or anywhere else they're not allowed unless by permit.

Grading of Parts: AKParts.com uses the NRA std of grading for gun parts and parts kits. On like parts kits we also use an "A" thru "D" grading scale

"Grade A" is like new, these have 100% original finish remaining with only slight signs of use on the internal parts (some will have no indication of use at all). Bores are excellent to new. They will appear either unfired or test fired only from new rifles. This is as close to brand new as you'll find from a used parts kit.

"Grade B" is in Excellent condtion with very little wear. Minimum 80% original finish remaining. Most of the finish wear will be around the sling hook area some may have slight breaks in the finish on the corners. The B grades are from issued rifles that weren't used very much. Very little wear on the internal parts. Excellent bores with great rifling thru the entire bore.

"Grade C" has seen some use. Still in solid good condition but more wear on the finish and internal parts. 40% to 70% original finish remaining. These are from rifles that have seen some action. Bores will still be in good condition with none dark or shot out. The C grades will still make nice parts but will require more work than the better grades. These are definitely not new and can be used for replacement parts or non firing displays.

"Grade D" is in pretty poor condition. Some internal parts will need replaced or may be missing or broken. 0% to 40% original finish remaining. Bores will either be rusty or shot out with little or no rifling present. These are not found very often because we don't purchase the D sets. They're ok for a few replacement parts but best used for non firing displays only.

Returns Policy: AKParts.com will gladly accept returns of merchandise purchased from us and refund your money for any returned products within the first 7 days after receiving your order. 7 DAY INSPECTION POLICY ONLY. ALL SALES FINAL AFTER 7 DAYS. ALL GUNSHOW SALES ARE FINAL. YOU MUST INSPECT YOUR MERCHANDISE AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE.15% restocking fee on all returns. Please contact us by phone or email for a return authorization number. Packages without a return authorization number will be refused. Backshipping is the customer's responsiblity. We cannot return shipping expenses. To keep our costs as low as possible to our customers, AKParts.com prosecutes cases of Fraud.
    END OF COMMUNICATIONS!!!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have purchased a better quality barrel from GoesBoom @ the Akfiles. It is due to ship Friday as far as I know. Opinions????

Throbbing Member scheistermeister's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

their were wrong in telling you that it was chrome lined

KLJ
    Feedback Score

Here is the latest, it has become more interesting
    http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6325

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.