The Duke's Yugo Grips
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Duke's Yugo Grips

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Default The Duke's Yugo Grips

I received the sample Yugo grips from Midwest Armory, and here are a few of my thoughts.

Prototypes, which I knew they would be, one Grey on Black:

The Black Grip
    The type of material is a great match, almost identical to the yugos to me, both grips are direct castings from the original yugo grips even with the little 3106 that all of my true yugo grips had. The finish is a bit on the shiny side because of too much of the no stick spray in the mold that was used. The inside cavity where the screw block rests inside the grip will require some clean up, just as was said of the prototype in Dukes thread, I will also need to add some depth to the bottom where the grip screw install. This prototype is cosmetically a bit rough, with open bubbling at the top that that looks like plastic does when you melt it into a puddle, lol...but deffinatly headed in the right direction. Of the two grips I was sent I am certian this is the first model. Both grips have USA stamped on the inside recess behind the triggerguard.

The Grey Grip:
    This grip is far more refined and polished looking! It is a flatter medium dark grey that hs smooth looking! The seem is a little rough still, and shows some bubble like marks as does the top of the gripm but VERY minor! The grip screw recess is closer to what it needs to be, as is to top cavity, far cleaner.

Overall these are good looking proto types and with a little polish work can be really cool! I like these grips and am honored to get to review these! I am really impressed and offer these humble findings. These are really close!

My Suggestions:

Dull down the black
    clean up the top cavity
    get the grip screw depth set
    Work on the center seems, and knock out the bubblemolten plastic look on top.

UPdate on the final product:

Yugo Grips
    Hey I have everything figured out on the new grips so the screw hole will be in the correct place. The ones I mailed out to you should arrive soon. Whe you install them you will need to find a washer to drop in the screw hole this will allow you to crank the screw tighter without the worry of it digging into he grip. The new grips have a metal plate casted into the actuall grip so they are set but I never got a chance to add this to the ones I sent you.
    Last edited by magnus392; 05-18-2005 at 03:45 AM.
    "It's all over but the cryin'!"Moonshiner

Feedback Score

where can one find pics of these grips?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Asher
    where can one find pics of these grips?
    U.S. Made Yugo Pistol Grips
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Thanks for posting the link Sniper
    "It's all over but the cryin'!"Moonshiner

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I didnt even bother checking to see that there was a review posted. That black one I sent you had several flaws and was one of the first ones I made with the old mold. I didnt get a chance to send you a refined one in black due to the fact that I was nearly out of black plastic at the time. I was having a hell of a time figuring out what was causing the real little bubbles but now I know and have been able to avoid nearly all of this. The large bubbles where from a leak and I have been able to get rid of those completely. The ones I currently have are nice semi matte finish pretty damn close to the original finish. I have added a metal support for the screw head. This is casted directly in the grip and allows you to crank the screw down tight without the worry of it digging in. There are still a few rough spots on the inside of the grips but nothing that cant be cleaned up in a matter of minutes if it bothers you. As Magnus said these where casted from a actual Yugo grip so they have all the exact markings down to the little 3106 this also means that any flaws win the original grip will show in these as well. This doesnt bother me since they are minor.
    ETA Thanks for the great review.
    www.MidwestArmory.com Check Out Our Great Prices And Great Products And Let Us Know You Heard From Gunco

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

...sweeeet. I'm gonna need 3 when you get the kinks worked out.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Yes when will they go on sale?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

I made 12 last night and listed them on here and ak47.net they sold very fast. Im going to leave the add running but its gonna be first come first serve.
    www.MidwestArmory.com Check Out Our Great Prices And Great Products And Let Us Know You Heard From Gunco

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Heres the link to the EE I cant wait for some feedback from you guys
    http://www.gunco.net/classifieds/sho...&cat=11&page=1

Feedback Score

so did I make it on the first run?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.