Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kvar AK74 kits

Byg
    Feedback Score

Sorry to hear the hassle 7.62, When I got my kit, the rear trunion was all fudged up.I called and they send it back took about a week,but they replaced it...Seems lately none of the suppliers have there s**t together,except the above mentioned..getting ready to order from CF today actually.Hope it works out for ya....Has anyone heard the condition of the Russian kits CF is selling,hope they are a stamped version that would be great. By the way which kit did ya get???

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)

7.62X39.......

I went through the same thing with them (see my post "K-VAR AK-74 Plum Kit"). Did you get the email telling everyone that the kits were so good that they didn't have any returns? Anyway, I sent them an email with pictures just like you did but they paid for the shippment back to them. It took me awhile to receive the replacement kit but it was in much better shape. I have to give them credit for taking care of the problem at no expense to me (just a little time). I beleive I was told (someone online) the reason for their long shipping time is that they bulk ship to get a discount from UPS. Don't know if this is true or not but might be the reason.

I have purchased many times from them and except for the long wait this was the first problem.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

[QUOTE=Toten Kopf]
    ...Did you get the email telling everyone that the kits were so good that they didn't have any returns?... QUOTE]

Yes I did, I got a good chuckle out of that one, since I had returned one and read several posts about others also seeking replacements.

WTF are they thinking when they send out emails like that?
    Do they think we all live in caves, like Osama's Mama, with no contact with the outside world.
    That was nothing but a bold faced lie, makes me suspect of all their business practices.

For those who didn't see it, it said something to the effect that,
    "These kits are so nice, that out of the hundreds of kits we sold, we did not have a single kit returned for replacement"

Why would they make a stupid statement like that?

Feedback Score

Do you know if the trunnion issues are just related to the plum kits or is it a potential problem with all of the 74 kits? The reason I'm asking is that I ordered a 74 kit with the wood furniture yesterday. Hope I get a good one...

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

leejkim
    Yes, it's too all K-var AK-74 kits, I got both wood and plum, same problems

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluejack
    leejkim
    Yes, it's too all K-var AK-74 kits, I got both wood and plum, same problems
    Does akron arms get thiers from KVAR as well? WHo is selling NONscrewed up 74 kits? Does centerfire actualy still have the 74 kits with the thumbhole that says the add expired?

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by meyerse
    Does akron arms get thiers from KVAR as well? WHo is selling NONscrewed up 74 kits? Does centerfire actualy still have the 74 kits with the thumbhole that says the add expired?
    Has anyone tried the 74 kits from rapid fire in Ohio. They look pretty nice on the web site but are a little pricey. ak'sr4me

Sunny South Florida aka: knee deep in horse manure!
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ak'sr4me
    Has anyone tried the 74 kits from rapid fire in Ohio. They look pretty nice on the web site but are a little pricey. ak'sr4me
    I have one kit from Ohio Rapid Fire and one kit from Kvar. The Kvar kit has one a slightly buggered (countersunk) trunnion hole. Other than that both kits are very nice. I have been very happy with my purchases. I actually bought the Kvar kit to scavange parts for an RPK-74. I eventually purchased seperate parts for the RPK, so I wouldn't break up the AK-74 kit.
    gtbehary........ ak builder, hack machinist, nuclear worker and violin huckster!

Sunny South Florida aka: knee deep in horse manure!
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ak'sr4me
    I have one kit from Ohio Rapid Fire and one kit from Kvar. The Kvar kit has one a slightly buggered (countersunk) trunnion hole. Other than that both kits are very nice. I have been very happy with my purchases. I actually bought the Kvar kit to scavange parts for an RPK-74. I eventually purchased seperate parts for the RPK, so I wouldn't break up the AK-74 kit.
    gtbehary........ ak builder, hack machinist, nuclear worker and violin huckster!

Feedback Score

I've found the same thing on my 74 kit. Some of the 'countersinks' were way in the hell off. I'm thinking of just using a drill press though. My first 74 kit from them about a year ago didn't have this problem. Must have been a 'bad' batch!!

Cheers,
    Gun-nut
    Gang Warily
    (Scot's Gaelic for "Be Wary")

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.