Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Very poor man's bend jig - lol

Feedback Score

I suggest using 2 inch steel angle that is 1/4 inch thick for the frame of the bend jig. The end bolts also need more beef. Here should be two 3/8 inch bolts per end to further enhance stiffness. Bolts with all thread and 3 nuts each will allow adjustment of the jig opening.

The original design will flex and ruin your flats big time unless that jig is clamped with numerous large C-clamps and even pinched in a large vise.

To help "guide" the flat into the jig some 1 ¼ x 1/2 inch bar stock is useful. The economy of the cheaper materials for the jig is instantly lost with the first ruined flat.

VD in AZ
    Ftwash likes this.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Mine is a little more labor intensive than a store bought jig, but it has bent I dare say close to 50 flats, and I've only had one that didn't come out right, and that was my fault by not wiping it down before bolting inbetween the inner die halves. The flat slid about 1/4" to one side when pressing. The rest turned out virtually perfect.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

do you have the measuments for the jig? i want to press one but dont have 200 for a jig lol

Feedback Score

suroda-see page 2

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Yeah start at the beginning of the thread, and look in the library area
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

Great Thread! Sorry to ask this, but can someone post the link to a printable template for a 74? I was lurking here a few weeks ago and thought I saw one, but I'm not having any luck finding it... I've got a pre-bent receiver Going to need some help! Hahaha.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

It should be in the Library. Check there first.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

This is epic, I finally got around to joining the forum that got me started making AK tooling.

Mad props grasshopper, thanks to you I was able to make my own years ago and bend my first flat using your design.

I have modified it over the years but the general concept is still there.

Feedback Score

Thank you for posting this, it help me out alot!
    And don't forget to use lube when pressing it.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26

Search tags for this page

grasshopper bending jig dimensions
grasshopper jig ak47
poor man bending jig

poor mans ak bending jig

poormans flat bending jigs plans
very poor alloy bar bending images
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.