Gunco Forums banner

anyone else w/this m92 underfold problem?

714 views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  tnwillia 
#1 ·
I just finished my m92 krink. All went well, and it has turned out to be one fine krink. But, there is a hitch I'm trying to figure out, and maybe someone knows why it was designed this way.
My underfolder does fine, accept when in the folded position. It will not fold up far enough to lock fully in place. The lower handguard prevents it from moving far enough to lock.
Is this common with m92's or is this just a prob with mine alone?
I could sand down the handguard, but that would be an even worse travesty.
I suppose i just live with it. It does stay folded good enough. It just lacks about a hair locking fully.
The shoulder piece has a tab on the inside I suppose I could squeeze in and it might gain enough room to lock it. I'll try that.
But, was just wondering if this is common.
p.s.-the m92 handguards seem larger anyway, and this may impede the locking capability? If you are wondering, the entire build went wonderful, and everything is to spec, so there absolutely should not be anything crooked making it do this. I took no shortcuts with this one, since it's probably the only krink I'll ever own.
Everything SHOULD be straight with it. I think it's the handguard, or that tab needs squeezed in.

See less See more
#2 ·
Mine locks in position when folded. What receiver did you use? If it was one made for a Polish or Romy underfolder that would explain why your stock is stopping a hair short.

Did you fold the butplate forward all the way before trying to fold the stock?

#3 ·
8mm-man said:
I just finished my m92 krink. All went well, and it has turned out to be one fine krink. But, there is a hitch I'm trying to figure out, and maybe someone knows why it was designed this way.
My underfolder does fine, accept when in the folded position. It will not fold up far enough to lock fully in place. The lower handguard prevents it from moving far enough to lock.
Is this common with m92's or is this just a prob with mine alone?
I could sand down the handguard, but that would be an even worse travesty.
I suppose i just live with it. It does stay folded good enough. It just lacks about a hair locking fully.
The shoulder piece has a tab on the inside I suppose I could squeeze in and it might gain enough room to lock it. I'll try that.
But, was just wondering if this is common.
p.s.-the m92 handguards seem larger anyway, and this may impede the locking capability? If you are wondering, the entire build went wonderful, and everything is to spec, so there absolutely should not be anything crooked making it do this. I took no shortcuts with this one, since it's probably the only krink I'll ever own.
Everything SHOULD be straight with it. I think it's the handguard, or that tab needs squeezed in.
I did an M70AB2 that had the same problem. I just left it alone. Mine was built on a NoDak Spud receiver. The whole build was just perfect. I am hoping after time goes on and a few rounds are through it that it will work it's way enough to fully lock. We shall see.

#4 ·
3/325 said:
Mine locks in position when folded. What receiver did you use? If it was one made for a Polish or Romy underfolder that would explain why your stock is stopping a hair short.
+1
Mine locks correctly.
http://www.gunco.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28744

The rear of a M92 receiver is also shaped differently than a normal AKM receiver, that may have something to do with it.

#6 ·
tnwillia said:
I've built two using DCI NS-3 receivers and the original wood. One using the original trear trunnion and one as a pistol with a DPH Arms pistol trunnion. Both lock up without problem in both directions.
If one is a pistol then how could the stock lock w/out any trouble?

I used an M92 flat from AK Builder. I think 7.62 is right, if it is not folding forward enough then the problem is more than likely w/the receiver.

Does anyone know what model underfolder the NDS receiver made for?

#11 ·
Hey gent's,
I was busy there for a while, and just now able to get back online.
The reciever flat I used was the AK-Builder m92 specific.
Like mentioned above, it might start locking in after a few rounds.

p.s.-I did however notice that when installing the front trunnion, that when I riveted it in, the rivets "through mashing them with the bolt cutters" slightly pulled the trunnion in a hair. And really-just the width of a real hair. I did not think this would effect much. I'm going to check my part numbers.
They might not be matching. Mainly because i had to work on the bolt slightly to get it to turn in the trunnion to lock up, even before having pressed the barrel out. So, it would not turn even in it's original state.
Well, just got back-all numbers match. It's from ORF.
Oh-by the way, it's built at this time with the compliance parts and a piston-can, etc.
I'm going to be doing an SBR, hopefully, so soon all this will be original. I just have to figure out how to do the SBR-don't know much about it or how to get it done.
Then again-might just leave it like this.

Also-I do intend to post a few pics-as soon as I get to wally-world to get a new digital camera. The one I have got sort-of knocked about too much.hehe

#13 ·
8mm-man said:
I'm going to be doing an SBR, hopefully, so soon all this will be original. I just have to figure out how to do the SBR-don't know much about it or how to get it done.
Follow the directions in the links that are in this link:
http://www.gunco.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28583

I did and was able to get my AMD65 approved for a SBR build. Now I just have to build it.

#14 ·
I ran into a similar problem while building my m70 on a global trades receiver (no holes in the rear). I cut the holes and filed them to shape with the rear trunnion temporarily attached with screws. I installed the underfolder and i had a similar problem. I found that the trunnion has room to tilt downward because the receiver slots had a sloppy fit in the trunnion. I simply pushed it as far down as it would go then took it out and filed down the receiver slots slightly and then opened up the slots in the trunnion slightly so it would tilt down even further. After riveting, the underfolder locked just fine. Sorry if I confused you, it's a bit difficult to explain. I think I confused myself :D

#15 ·
I must admit, this being my first, and probably only krink, they are pretty little guns, and nice to look at. But, I took mine out shooting today, and I would not be able to hit a bus with it much less a car.
I think I'll reserve this thing to the rack for a while just to look at it and just go back to my Mauser for a while-I always do.
Funny thing-I can nail anything I shoot at with a mauser, but with any type of ak, it takes me a few shots if the target is small or long distance. Makes me wonder if the theory of high-capacity rifles is worth it. The old Mauser seems deadlier every time. It's crazy.
I do love this krink though. Even if it is hard to hit anything with it. It's definately a close-quarters weapon. One that i would pick if going door-to-door or through corridors. But nothing else. But, then again, a Sten can do that, and for a whole lot less. The extra power of the 7.62 cartridge has the edge though nowaday's in a world where body armor is growing in popularity. Let's hope we never have to think of those things realistically. The ones on this board anyway. And to the guys in Iraq, my hat's off to you.

as for the folder problem-you may be right-my rear trunnion might be a tad too high-and I think i'm just going to live with it. It does good, and if i just keep from worrying about it, it's nothing that is critical.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.