Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: How I rebuilt my milled ak's for $55 plus compli parts.

Feedback Score

Hi, I just joined tonight. Names Jim. I purchased one of the last M64 kits from apex. and was wondering if vz58 had any of the repair plates available? I just received the kit today. I thought about trying to grind down the stubs to fit a stamped receiver. But after looking at the tutorials It looks as if the repair plates may be the way to go.
    Im sure I'll be asking alot of dumb questions in the near future. Ive got a romanian underfolder I can go and compare while Im working on this build. Ive never built any type of gun, so this should be fun. If anyones got any tips I appreciate it.
    Jim

Feedback Score

need side plates for yugo m64

Feedback Score

need info on yugo m64 reweld

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

vz58 describes and has a pictorial of the process at the beginning of this thread. What else do you need to know?
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score

Really the only thing I'd like to know is does he have any plates available for the M64 rebuild? Thanks! jim

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Be patient, vz is or will be around
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

This is where I keep the most up to date list of plates.
    The AK Forum :: Log in
    I just got back from the media blaster with the latest batch of plates. I will inspect them tomorrow and hope to have a list up there on what is available. I do plan on doing a batch of m70,type III, and hungarian extra long in the near future. The m64 are really too much of a PITA because of all the extra setups they need. Thus, I dont do a few of them at a time, I have to get a substantial number ordered first.

However, if you only want the exterior cut to be similar to the factory (as opposed to as close as I can get it) it would eliminate a few steps and I might could do ones and two's.

Oh, and because of a bunch of requests I will probably do a Hungarian rebuild and update this link when I do it in the next month or 2.

sjohnson your avatar kills me
    I just cant seem to save it. Tips?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

I'm in Firefox, there I just right-click on the image, select "Save Image As" and go to town.

PM if that doesn't work, I'll email it to you.

Here are some more, discovered a couple of days ago on a forum I'd never heard of before. They have a thread with dozens of animated gifs.

Feedback Score

Hi vz58, I went over but it needed a registration. If you were to run a set of side for the m64, could you tell us whats close? is the inside milled so the bolt slides? This is my first build, I thought about doing a stamped, but the price is a bit more than I want to spend. I thought about getting a M70 underfolder flat and maybe doubling it up with a sheet of steel to get the thickness right and plug weld them together.
    But if your plate are close, I dont mind wittling it down with a dremel to make it work. Basically Im going to be happy if it looks decent and works when Im done.
    I was even thinking of stuffing the stub into a stamped reciever flat and plug welding it. Jim

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Jim look at the photo of the m64 at the beginning of this thread. We didnt know where the left side contour was to begin or even what it looked like then. Now look at the akforum first photo, you will see the difference. I will make one this week and post a pic of the slightly different (much easier) plate and see if its got any interest. I have seriously considered not making anymore 64 plates as they are far more trouble then they are worth.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

milled receiver weld plate

vz58 receiver plates
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.