Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Building the AMD 65

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

"sub-station" LOL
    I'm using Plinkers long rivet jig also and I'm happy with it.

Thanks, that had me wondering because I havn't seen a specific one advertised.
    Tanvil your welcome. I have'nt seen any flats for the AMD65 either, I'm sure you know Nodak does have a AMD65 reciever, the only way to get one to look like it should is to get a flat with no trunion holes and cut your own.

Now I have a question. Anyone know where to get a rear sling swivel for a 65? The one I got has a missing tab.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet
    What the hell is the secret to these long rivets? The drilling I got down. I bought AK-builders rivet jig. I bought AGIs rivet punch. I bought a BFH. We builders at my house can't seem to form the long rivet head correctley.
    Is it us or does everyone have a problem with the darn long rivets?
    I'm looking at your setup and we do the same but the darn things are bending before forming the head. What are we doing wrong?
    Yours look What is the secret?
    Constitution Or Bust
    Ron Paul 2012

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils

Now I have a question. Anyone know where to get a rear sling swivel for a 65? The one I got has a missing tab.
    I've never seen any for sale, I think most people just make their own tab out of sheet metal, stick it through the slot and spotweld it in.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

4th Idvet, I found the missing link!!! I set mine up just as Gunnysmith told ya to. Press it, and SQUEEK, the reciever twists, the rivit bends, the press slips, my beer spills, the pit bull runs out of the shed with his tail between his legs cause i'm cussing out load. Before set-up, Slide the rivits in and measure the tail, some times you have to cut them. I haven't figured out the perfect lenth yet but I think plinker's data said .22( I could be wrong, I need to re-read it). For my last one I cut .22 and they seem to be a little smaller than the factory head, I thought I'd try .24 on the next one. Hope this helps. And Gunnysmith, did you trim yours first?

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

I'll go with a flat for mine. Gotta justify all that $$$ I spent on that jig. Btw, the jig is perfect. Thanks Curtis, bending is the ONLY stage that I haven't screwed something up.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tanvil
    4th Idvet, I found the missing link!!! I set mine up just as Gunnysmith told ya to. Press it, and SQUEEK, the reciever twists, the rivit bends, the press slips, my beer spills, the pit bull runs out of the shed with his tail between his legs cause i'm cussing out load. Before set-up, Slide the rivits in and measure the tail, some times you have to cut them. I haven't figured out the perfect lenth yet but I think plinker's data said .22( I could be wrong, I need to re-read it). For my last one I cut .22 and they seem to be a little smaller than the factory head, I thought I'd try .24 on the next one. Hope this helps. And Gunnysmith, did you trim yours first?
    I didn't trim the rivets, they were from 1Pats group buy on gunsnet.
    They appear to be the right length
    Constitution Or Bust
    Ron Paul 2012

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Thanks Kernel, that's what I thought but wanted to double check.

Tanvil, I don't trim my rivets either, I've been using the ones from AKBuilder.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by tanvil
    Yeah. You should have seen my buddy yesterday. Sipped a wee bit to much vodka and decided to show me his method of doing the long rivets. When I showed him what he did in the morning he almost started crying. Looked like he ran over it with a tank. I made him drill it out and I fixed it for him
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default Thanks gunny

You had to put that second picture of the plinkers up just to torture me didn't ya.
    Now I gotta have one. Anyone know a good bankruptcy attorney. Cause if I buy one more kit or one more tool after this plinkers I'm gonna need one.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default +1

Quote Originally Posted by Coils
    Thanks Kernel, that's what I thought but wanted to double check.

Tanvil, I don't trim my rivets either, I've been using the ones from AKBuilder.
    That's all I use is AK-Builder rivets. They look nice and I don't trim them either. He has all the correct rivets. Even those odd ball ones for the yugo front trunion.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.