Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Has anyone tried a left-handed AK?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I feel for you guys being a lefty with left eye dominance.

So how about a selecter lever with a tab that hangs down low enough for a lefty to hit with the thumb of the left hand ( it would be on the right side )

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Lt762x39 View Post
    I feel for you guys being a lefty with left eye dominance.

So how about a selecter lever with a tab that hangs down low enough for a lefty to hit with the thumb of the left hand ( it would be on the right side )

That is do-able, but you end up with the common problem with these converstions: You need to 'pull' the lever to get from safe to fire. It is difficult and awkward

I have renotched a few of my muzzle brakes, and can tell a difference.

Feedback Score

From another thread here on metal pistol grips:

http://www.homegunsmith.com/cgi-bin/...T;f=24;t=18891

He built an AK with most of what you're asking for except left hand ejection. Looks pretty cool, and he lists a LOT of what he had to do to accomplish it.
    "A large caliber is good to have, but its shot PLACEMENT that counts"
    Synweap223

"The way is in training"
    Miyamoto Musashi

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Thanks, homegunsmith, for ignoring VZ58's PM to an admin, and for restricting what I can see because I registered as you asked. I can't see what's at THAT link, or almost ANY link at homegunsmith SINCE I registered. At least before registering I could see the threads once in a while.

They may have the best people and info ever, but their treatment of new "recruits" is absolutely miserable. This is a family forum or this screen would turn blue.

Thanks and a tip o' the hat to the fine Gunco (and other sites) who aren't paranoid about WHO sees WHAT.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Cass

Now you did it you got me thinkin
    how about something like the Galil has?

Feedback Score

As far as the firing ports on the BMP, I saw them in a recent top ten show on the military channel. From what I recall the ports were ingenious in that the front sight of a regular ak barrel could be passed through a horizontal keyhole type slot and then returned to vertical locking the barrel in the ball turret and still allowing the use of the iron sights through a small window in the turret.

I have pondered the left handed AK as a way to get my lefty father interested, but the mirroring of the bolt and carrier seemed to be the real challenges. The other details: ambi safety lever (galil), charging handle, mirrored rec'r cover, rail ejector.... seem workable compared to getting the bolt to eject to the left.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.