Thread: Lower rail dimension differences 47-74?

Feedback Score

Default Lower rail dimension differences 47-74?

I'm working with both AK-Builder flats with lower rails and old school Tapco flats(upper rail not bent) and have a question. Anyone have dimensions for the different lower rails? I used the search function and couldnt' find the dimensions for the differences between the two. Basically, if I have a lower rails that are pre-cut for the AK 74, how much should be trimmed back for the AK47? Thanks!!
    "A large caliber is good to have, but its shot PLACEMENT that counts"
    Synweap223

"The way is in training"
    Miyamoto Musashi

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I wouldn't depend on any measurements if I were you. A lot can vary from build to build when using home-built receivers. If you REALLY want I'll go out and measure a couple, but I recommend you fit and trim, fit and trim, fit and trim until the bolt just barely clears the ejector. Just barely. If there's a weak point in the AK receiver design it's the tolerance of the ejector tip.
    * This is My Rifle *

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

just got some factory lower rails I will see if I can get those dimensions up for you as I will have to transfer them to CAD so I can sell with my flats.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

I've never actually measured it. Like myrifle, I just trim until the bolt/carrier have the proper clearance. If I had to guess, I would say it's in the neighborhood of .030-.040

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 7.62x39 View Post
    I've never actually measured it. Like myrifle, I just trim until the bolt/carrier have the proper clearance. If I had to guess, I would say it's in the neighborhood of .030-.040
    I am the same as trim to fit seems to work the best as some of the rails are larger than others

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.