Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Where are the parts kits these days?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by chuangtzu View Post
    Thanks, but I'm not an AK forum member, also I think AMD65s are ugly as sin...

I just found this Romanian kit on GB with a normal front grip:

Romanian AK-47 Parts kit, U.S. trigger AK47 : Parts Kits at GunBroker.com

Seems like it might suit my purposes...

Edit: I just looked into AK forum membership and I couldn't register anyway. I don't have an ISP and therefore only have free email addresses. Oh well...
    That's not a "normal" front grip, that's one take on cutting off the forward pistol grip on a Romanian LHG. Not that it's a bad thing.
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by sjohnson View Post
    That's not a "normal" front grip, that's one take on cutting off the forward pistol grip on a Romanian LHG. Not that it's a bad thing.
    What would you call a non-pistol grip LHG if not "normal"? I agree it's a weak choice of nomenclature, but I was grasping for alternatives...

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

A more normal front lower handguard would have swells on the sides. I know some romanian rifles were built with slab sides but the swells enhance the grip and are more commonly present.

Not pickin' on you, just wanted to let you know that one was a cut-down much like you could do yourself.
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by sjohnson View Post
    A more normal front lower handguard would have swells on the sides. I know some romanian rifles were built with slab sides but the swells enhance the grip and are more commonly present.

Not pickin' on you, just wanted to let you know that one was a cut-down much like you could do yourself.
    Oh, I see. Thanks.

Feedback Score

I got the kit in today. It seems pretty decent. The barrel is shiny and has plenty of rifling. Now I'm just hunting around for a flash suppressor suitable for use with my NSPU...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.