Gunco Forums banner

Where are the parts kits these days?

2K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  chuangtzu 
#1 ·
All I can find are a few Romy Gs and AMD 65s... I guess that's just what it's come down to since the barrel ban...?

#2 ·
theres no more import on parts kits-last i heard or i coulda heard wrong
most people panic or invest bought kits now thwer sitting on them hoping to make proffits-unfortunately the economy suks and people are loosing jobs and realy have no spare cash for kits so eventualy most of the kits that are being sat on will probably be sold(not at a loss)to pay for bills
wish i had some coin to spare id buy em to build though

#3 ·
Yugo, Egyptian, East German, in fact most makes are out there. Just not cheap and not in the "usual" places. Try gunbroker.

APEX, a sponsor, has East German and Bulgarian kits.

They're out there, just more $$ and harder to find.

Kits are being imported, but with demilled receivers AND demilled barrels.

#7 ·
The East German APEX kits look decent enough. What's a recommended barrel to use with those?

Building from a kit starts to look a lot less attractive once you have to deal with an unfitted barrel and need to align everything and headspace it, but I guess I'm up for it...

#11 ·
#10 ·
I really appreciate the warning , They list a lot of good stuff but high prices. BUT if on top of it all they are online thieves it good to know. I wonder if they realize that from web site like ours the word gets spread and they will ultimately lose business,

#14 ·
Or I could get a Romanian G and fashion a Yugo-style front grip for it. The kits are cheap and have barrels, I just hate front pistol grips--I find I just can't hold them comfortably..
you can allways put a rail on it theres a lot of grips availible for those that fit your hand nicely and your not limited to just ak grips
theres quite a few vendors that sell rail sets for aks

#17 ·
All I can find are a few Romy Gs and AMD 65s... I guess that's just what it's come down to since the barrel ban...?
You are in luck if you are a member of the AK forum TGI is doing a AMD-65 Group Buy AKF Special that is a Hungarian AMD-65 parts kit COMPLETE with ORIGINAL Hungarian chrome-lined barrel for $75 off our regular price, making it $250! But that is for AK forum members ONLY. And the are selling 20rd mags, slings, with many extras at a lower price too. Where did all of these kits come from out of the blue?

After you log on page down to the Vendor forum & click on TGI's post at the bottom.

The AK Forum

As far as Florida Gun Works I have done some business with them in the past & they did me right, so I have no problem with them.
I'm not going to dog someone’s business just because someone says so I'm the type that needs proof.

#18 ·
Thanks, but I'm not an AK forum member, also I think AMD65s are ugly as sin...

I just found this Romanian kit on GB with a normal front grip:

Romanian AK-47 Parts kit, U.S. trigger AK47 : Parts Kits at GunBroker.com

Seems like it might suit my purposes...

Edit: I just looked into AK forum membership and I couldn't register anyway. I don't have an ISP and therefore only have free email addresses. Oh well...

PAY ATTENTION..........You must register with the email address provided by your ISP..........PAY ATTENTION

*****Registrations using Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, and other "free" Email accounts will not be approved !!! *****

#23 ·
A more normal front lower handguard would have swells on the sides. I know some romanian rifles were built with slab sides but the swells enhance the grip and are more commonly present.

Not pickin' on you, just wanted to let you know that one was a cut-down much like you could do yourself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.