Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: MY SONS SWITCH BARREL AK BUILD IDEAS

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

That one used an uzi barrel nut IIRC Sniper69. I don't recall if that build was a blow back or gas op, but I believe it was blowback. Neither build would put as much stress on a barrel nut as a rifle caliber build would.

1biggun could modify the threads on his barrels and trunnions to an interrupted thread, but you don't gain much from it.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by moleman View Post
    That one used an uzi barrel nut IIRC Sniper69. I don't recall if that build was a blow back or gas op, but I believe it was blowback. Neither build would put as much stress on a barrel nut as a rifle caliber build would.

1biggun could modify the threads on his barrels and trunnions to an interrupted thread, but you don't gain much from it.
    understandable, just figured something similar could be done for rifle caliber - but hadn't thought about it to much. azhonkey's build did have an uzi barrel nut, here is one pic I found of it.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I'd missed that particular one,, that's very sweet!!! Were there any other detailed pictures of the trunnion/nut detail?

Inquiring minds ya know!!! I love seeing all the stuff you guys come up with, very interesting and creative sometimes. I'm learning more here every day,,not that it is necessarily a good thing,,,

you guys just keep giving me to many good ideas I can't afford or just don't have the tools to accomplish nowadays !!!!

Ya Buggers!!! You ,,ARE,, bad influences I tell ya!!!!

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by twa2471 View Post
    I'd missed that particular one,, that's very sweet!!! Were there any other detailed pictures of the trunnion/nut detail?

Inquiring minds ya know!!! I love seeing all the stuff you guys come up with, very interesting and creative sometimes. I'm learning more here every day,,not that it is necessarily a good thing,,,

you guys just keep giving me to many good ideas I can't afford or just don't have the tools to accomplish nowadays !!!!

Ya Buggers!!! You ,,ARE,, bad influences I tell ya!!!!
    Here is another picture.

and

and not to take away from this thread - but he did another build (non-AK) that is made from parts from a few (4?) different guns. It can be viewed at weaponeer http://www.weaponeer.net/Forum/forum...?TID=7406&PN=1

1biggun - any other ideas on the barrel swap idea? Maybe something like Meeper (Vern) did for the fal?

Or one that shoots 7.62x51, 5.56, and .50 beowulf.

Maybe some of these pics can give ideas to utilize for a switch barrel AK idea.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Oh wow,, those are some kinda slick!!! And simple too,,very very nice,,,,,

You know,, with all the talent that's here there could be some good companies put together that would rival some of the current manufactures stuff,, with no problem at all. Thanks for putting those pics up sniper69. More ideas for the memory banks,,,Love it!!!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.