Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: MY SONS SWITCH BARREL AK BUILD IDEAS

Feedback Score

As TRX said there was someone who made an ak with interchangeable barrels using a Uzi locknut and uzistyle trunnion. The barrels was in 9mm and 7.62x25.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I got my Galil tube from Apex. It was $35, but I couldn't find one anywhere else at the time.
    Thanks Im going to check that out. if I can get it to work with my trunion this my be the ticket for a couple things I have in mind I may just mke some thing simular. I assume it dove tails into a special trunion some how I need to get look as a GALIL.
    r guns has virgin trunion... for the yougo.. B2B
    Thank you I may need a few. Ill likley screw some thing up LOL.

Id really love to find a 308 Sagia or other 3 lug bolt. I wish some one would make a run of super high quality super duty extended bolt face bolts. I want more power!. like 65,000 PSI power.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

As TRX said there was someone who made an ak with interchangeable barrels using a Uzi locknut and uzistyle trunnion. The barrels was in 9mm and 7.62x25.
    Yea that was done by making a pressin adapter that held a flanged barrel and took a nut as I recall. It really wont work for what I have in mind as I need a bigger barrel shank for the bigger rifle caliburs and is not the best for accuracy. Its a great idea for the x25 and would give me a way to use smaller OD 30 cal blanks. Are there Uzi barrel nuts around cheap?? I have so many things going On the last thing I need is to start another project.

Feedback Score

Barrelnuts at Numrich are at $16.20 so not cheap but you can make it your self. Somewhere I found a list on treads claiming it to be (UZI Carabine/ SMG 9mm 5/8x24) Cut and paste from the list so I don't know if it's accurate.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Barrelnuts at Numrich are at $16.20 so not cheap but you can make it your self. Somewhere I found a list on treads claiming it to be (UZI Carabine/ SMG 9mm 5/8x24) Cut and paste from the list so I don't know if it's accurate.
    If its a stndard thread a addapter could be easly made to take them. the next isssue is that the RSB will not fit on a standard style build. but that could be modified. or ditched completly.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

really all I need to do is find a sutiable thread to tread a trunion and then either by the tap or cut internal threads on my lathe. and thread the barrel to fit. a jam nut can be used and also tension on the threads allowing me to run a losser fitting thread.

Looking at the my Yugo trunions I do see that boring them out at all will cut into the lower rivet hole that across the trunion I can just plug it wit a tightly driven in pin and also do the same for the barrel pin hole.

this wold be a easy build on a milled threaded reciver If I could cut the barrel threads. but a milled will be harder to convert to 308 Win length mags. And obviously more expensive.

Im working on a interchangeable ejector tip as well I will likely also make it shoot every thing from 17 remington to 444 rimless marlin to possably 410 SG so with 4 bolts I cold shoot ay thing that flys or walks the planet on one reciver.

Its a shame You cant go from pistol to rifle and back again legaly. I still think that case needs to be fought in court if thompson won there is no reason a private individule cant win on the same precidents. Kind of pisses me of to be honest. the ATF apparently ignors court decisions and rulings on the law in there Opinion letters.

A switch barrel thaat went from pistol to rifle and back legaly would be really cool

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Do you need me to take measurements of my Uzi locking nut? Its in the back of the safe...

I'm having second thoughts about the thread idea because the more I think about it, I wonder how are you going to thread the inside diameter of the trunion? I'm thinking you'll have to use a boring rod in the lathe chuck, and lock the trunion down on the tool post somehow to get it to reach.

What are your thoughts on my idea for a PK-style smooth barrel and locking wedge?
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score

Can you post a link to his pic's. I tried to search for the PKM thread but came up empty. I proposed doing a vz-58 take down rifle to 1biggun before I saw his thread on the ak version.
    The PKM idea sounds interesting. I was thinking of something on the order of an old savage 99 take down system.

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    Thanks Im going to check that out. if I can get it to work with my trunion this my be the ticket for a couple things I have in mind I may just mke some thing simular. I assume it dove tails into a special trunion some how I need to get look as a GALIL.
    The Valmet gas tube thingie is far too wide to notch into an ordinary AKM trunnion. The "ears" on the Valmet trunnion are wider apart than normal. Fortunately, the Yugo trunnion appears to be the same width; at least, there's room to cut the dovetails in a Yugo trunnion. I'm probably going to grind one side of one of my cheap jeweler's files and do it by hand rather than setting it up on the mill with a dovetail cutter.

I'll try to take a picture of the Galil tube and put it up.

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    this wold be a easy build on a milled threaded reciver If I could cut the barrel threads. but a milled will be harder to convert to 308 Win length mags.
    You might try to snag a milled front stub. Then you could narrow it for a flat and put the rivets wherever you wanted.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.