Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: PSL Blueprint

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Hopefully, I'll eventually get to my kit and blank, but I was wondering if you can use regular AK lower rails on this PSL?

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hcpookie View Post
    Find the location of the safety selector based on the top cover. Now for the axis pins just locate the holes based on the location of the safety and trigger guard. From this, you can locate the axis pin holes relatively close with Eyeball 1.0 and a good understanding of the trigger hole location - look at all of the receiver pics of any AK as reference. I followed this process on mine and it turned out perfect. So long as the safety works and you aren't so far forward with your trigger hole that you are reaching for the trigger, you'll be fine.

Center support is easily done as the PSL has the last-round bolt hold open tab and you locate it based on that tab.

All too easy
    Thanks, that makes sense. It seems that once the selector is located, You could clamp an AK Builder flat to it to use as a guide. The fcg is the same, correct?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Yeah that should work, don't see why not. They use the standard FCG holes. The factory hammer is lightened up but they are all interchangeable. Some people go all-out and use one of those fancy adjustable trigger sets with them.

You probably *could* use regular AK rails as the ejector should be fine. My concern would be that the PSL rails have more surface area so you can weld them more than the standard half-dozen weld spots. To me, the extra spot welds = extra strength. Probably over-kill, to be sure, but it really stiffens up when you weld in those heavier rails!
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

i would think you would have to lengthen the front of the lower rails as the psl is of the stretched receiver design like an m76. just my thoughts

Feedback Score

Lol

Feedback Score

Can you please email the psl to me socal805ox@yahoo.com
    I do not have 20 or 10 post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.