Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PSL Blueprint

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Default PSL Blueprint

Where can one obtain an accurate blueprint for the PSL? I was thinking about a Coldsteel 80%. Does it come w/ one?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

i have a stick on one that seems accurate also i have a decent blueprint as well. I'll see if i have time to scan them tomorrow, and if i find one tonight in pdf i'll let you know.

Edit-also i believe that the cold steel blanks come with the glue on one and you only buy it if you don't order a blank but i am not certain since i haven't gone the CS way yet, just figured from what they say on the site. Hope that helps but you could always give them a call to make sure. if you would like the blue print anyways let me know and i could scan it for you
    Last edited by jreifsch80; 02-15-2010 at 12:56 AM. Reason: add forgotten info

Feedback Score

I have a coldsteel blank here that I'm just starting to work on. It comes with a drawing but I hear coldsteel's drawings are not accurate. I'd like to see yours too jreifsch as a cross-reference... The trunnion holes I will locate off the trunnions themselves. The magwell I'll locate off of the trunnion with the magazine. The trigger guard holes aren't that critical. The grip nut hole I'll locate off the stock. That only really leaves the hammer and trigger axis pins and the safety hole that are really critical and need some kind of dimensions to locate.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

actually i found cad drawings of everything on thompson machine's website and you can download a free veiwer there when you click on the links to go to the different cad blueprints select all copy then paste into notepad so you can save it as a dxf file that the veiwer will display. if it's confusing then send me a pm. I am expanding my personal electronic library so i could help you guys if it's needed

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

hey all i've been making pdf files of the psl prints, pm me if anyone wants these pdf files since it would save a guy time. Just so everyone knows these are from the cad drawings on thompson machines project section in their site, I assume that they are free to be shared and used since they are posted to veiw on their site. if this all isn't kosher then someone please let me know.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Thankyou. PM sent. Check this thread for any additions to your electronic library. Scan the whole thread, G2 was moving them to post 1 for awhile but I don't think they all got moved. PM me for others you might not have.
    http://www.gunco.net/forums/f259/free-manuals-39044/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

wow that's awesome so much good reading my wife might wonder if i'm still alive haha, thanks, and if you need it i have a psl/fpk owners manual on pdf but those aren't too hard to find i suppose

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

On my PSL I just started from the trunion, then fit the magazine and then the magazine release/trigger guard. Also use the top cover for fitting the back stock tang.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by hcpookie View Post
    On my PSL I just started from the trunion, then fit the magazine and then the magazine release/trigger guard. Also use the top cover for fitting the back stock tang.
    What about the axis pin and selector holes?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Find the location of the safety selector based on the top cover. Now for the axis pins just locate the holes based on the location of the safety and trigger guard. From this, you can locate the axis pin holes relatively close with Eyeball 1.0 and a good understanding of the trigger hole location - look at all of the receiver pics of any AK as reference. I followed this process on mine and it turned out perfect. So long as the safety works and you aren't so far forward with your trigger hole that you are reaching for the trigger, you'll be fine.

Center support is easily done as the PSL has the last-round bolt hold open tab and you locate it based on that tab.

All too easy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.