Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Krinkenstein build

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I'm fighting a nasty cold right now and the spring semester just started back up on Monday. I'm not operating at 100% right now, but give me a little bit of time and I'll get back on it when I can. School's gotta take priority though.

Thanks for the kind words.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

We all getting sick this year. Internet virus?

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by GoMopar440 View Post
    Wow! It's been a while since I've been on this forum and a lot's been going on since I posted last. I graduated from gunsmith school in December 2010, moved to Montana and bought a house up here. The gunsmith shop never happened due to lack of help I was promised by the VA, but as a sort of compensation they sent me back to school. I'm currently going to Montana Tech full time to get my AAS in Drafting Technology. I should be done with that by the end of the Fall 2014 semester. I'm still working on guns but it's turned into more of a hobby than a prospective business. The M76 kit I had was used for my final project at gunsmithing school and I still have it. The Krinkenstein project is in a box waiting for me to get back to work on it. Fixing the house and keeping up with the "Honey-do" list seems to be keeping it on the back burner for a while longer. I'll post up when I start back up on it in case anyone is still interested in it.
    I'm interested in it. Keep posting.
    HART SYSTEMS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evr_tP9cJWY
    Pull up your pants, turn off that damn rap and speak clear English, if you want to talk to me.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Progress has been slow on this project (non-existant really) as I've been sick as a dog lately and have been trying to keep from turning into a flu death statistic. I'm pretty much over the hump now and have started looking at tracking down some of the replacement parts I ordered for the M70 back in early January. Mainly I was looking for a replacement front trunion to replace the one I pulled from my M70AB2 UF kit for use on the Krinkenstein build.

I ordered a Yugo M70AB2 front trunion from Florida Gun Works, and other than the initial order confirmation email I got on the day I made the order, I haven't heard anything from them regarding the status of the order. The website didn't say the part was out of stock at the time of the order and the website let me purchase it normally. Usually most places will send an email if a part goes on back order or there is a tracking number to report on the part. So far they haven't said anything either way and haven't responded to my email inquiry as to the status of my order with them.

Has anyone here had any dealings with Florida Gun Works (good or bad) that can tell me if this is just the way they do business?

Here's the link to the trunion I ordered:
    http://www.floridagunworks.com/Merch...de=AKA+AK+MISC

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

After doing an quick Google search on "Florida Gun Works" I found a lot of bad press to be concerned about. I'll give them a couple of days to respond to my email but If I don't hear from them by Monday I'll cancel my order and have my CC reverse the charges. It seems that asking FGW for a refund is usually a waste of time from all the reports I read about them.

So does anyone here know where I can find a decent M70AB2 front trunion?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

apex has yugo trunions

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Yea, I had seen that one before but the FGW one was $20 cheaper so I went with them first. Looking at what I know now I should have at least looked into FGW before purchasing the part since I've never bought anything from them before. The hidden 4% non cash fee they tacked on to the total AFTER I confirmed the purchase should have been a clue that they aren't running a kosher business.

Anyway, I just bought the front trunion from Apex so I'll finally be able to put the M70 UF kit together. I'll deal with the mess from trying to buy from FGW later.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Apex is definitely solid. in my humble opinion it's worth paying a few dollars extra for great customer service.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by GoMopar440 View Post
    After doing an quick Google search on "Florida Gun Works" I found a lot of bad press to be concerned about. I'll give them a couple of days to respond to my email but If I don't hear from them by Monday I'll cancel my order and have my CC reverse the charges. It seems that asking FGW for a refund is usually a waste of time from all the reports I read about them.

So does anyone here know where I can find a decent M70AB2 front trunion?

RUN FORREST, RUN!!!

Florida gun works has been a scam for years. You MIGHT get your stuff after you complain to your CC company.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Apparently someone over at FGW has at least a bit of common sense. I just got an email that the part I ordered was out of stock and unavailable for backorder so they cancelled my order. I verified they didn't charge my CC account so no problems there. I wish they would clean up their website to remove any unavailable products. To not do so when they know otherwise would be/is a bit misleading. The link I posted above is still active BTW.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.