Krinkenstein build - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Krinkenstein build

in the blueridge mtns nutznboltz's Avatar
    Feedback Score

GoMopar440. Worst flu season in years. Over two months for me. Hope you get feeling better man.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Well Apex came through with the trunion for the M70. I guess I'll have to start a build thread for the UF when I get around to it now that I have all the parts for it (I think...).

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Postak

Another long time lapse, but I'm still here, alive and kicking. Life just happened again and I ended up not being able to complete my classes due to some worsening health issues with my back. I had to have a second back surgery (another double disk laminectomy and fusion) in late 2014 and I haven't been recovering as quickly as I would have hoped. That more than anything has kept me from making progress with this project. Lack of disposable income from not being able to work is another big holdup right now.

As far as the Krinkenstein project goes, I need access to a larger lathe than my 7x14 to be able to finish it. My Atlas lathe had a bunch of internal issues when I opened it up, so I'm not sure when, or if, that will be running again. The spindle bore on the Atlas only has a 3/4" ID, so that more than anything else limits the tasks I could use it for. I'm keeping an eye out for an old South Bend 9" or 10" swing lathe, or something else along those lines to replace the Atlas.

The M70 AB2 UF kit was finished not long after my last post once I had found the last of the pieces I needed to build it. My sand blast cabinet wasn't set up at that time so I could Cerakote it, so I just spray bombed it to keep the rust away. It looks like hell, but it's not rusty. I wish I could say the same about the Krinky. It looks like hell AND it's rusty.

I finally got 220V run out to my big air compressor in the barn now and that's feeding my HF floor model sand blast cabinet. With that I'll be able to start Cerakoting a few of my projects once the weather starts staying warmer out. The M70 will get done in solid matte black, as will the Krinkenstein when I finish it. The M76 however will be getting an authentic Yugo Mountian Sniper Camo Pattern job on it like this. Yugoslavian Mountain Camouflage Uniform Photo by michelwijnand | Photobucket. I just need two more Cerakote colors before I'll have all the colors I need to replicate that pattern.

I got to thinking about this forum again since my brother has been asking me about how to build AK's. I got him talked into trying to build a M72 for his first. Sound familiar?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.