Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Milled Yugo M-70 pistol using cut receiver

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Easy panthers.

I am not building a full auto anything as that is illegal.

It was my understanding that a receiver also needed to be able to accept a barrel.

My pictures are of a WIP scrap piece of metal (not a receiver yet) that will be used to create a center repair section for a (completely legal even in my state) AK pistol.

These current WIP pictures I am posting now should set your minds at ease:

Finished exterior today , and will be cleaning up interior tomorrow of my center repair section.

The method to my madness:

Clamp it flat, and straight (use as many clamps as needed. Fit up is most important when welding):

Create 2 tack by using the 'melt, and cool' spanning method I described earlier in this thread:

Continue with span method using right side over tack span to left, cool, repeat until all filled in (took care of the 'evil' third hole while I was there):

Grind close to base metal but not all the way:

File smooth:

(cont next post)......

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

When all four sides are done take it to the belt sander for a nice (super smooth) finish:

I will be cleaning the interior sides, and rails tomorrow as well as reaming back out the (needed ones only for a semi auto) FCG holes that got filled in during the weld.

Promised an interior picture to Fredie.
    Here's what it looks like inside before clean up:

I will post another after it's cleaned.

Alright...........Everybody feel better now?

I know I do.

On a more serious note I am happy for your concern of my well being, and staying legal with my projects.

FYI:
    The notch in the right side interior rail is also welded shut currently (seen in second picture of this post).
    The auto sear, and rate reducer that came in my kit were torch cut, and discarded before work on the center repair section began.
    The underfolder stock hole openings will also be welded shut before the barrel is re-profiled, and cut, and before the rear receiver stub is connected to the center repair section.

CA has a constructive possession law that requires that I need to have a dedicated pistol receiver which is 'unable to accept a buttstock' before I have a short barrel in my possession unless I have a tax stamp for an SBR.
    This is also why the 'full auto parts' were destroyed before any work began.

I am making every effort to ensure my center repair section is 'semi auto only', and 'unable to accept a buttstock' BEFORE the front , and rear receiver stubs are ever fitted to the center repair section

As a side note:

I believe in any future postings of re-welding projects when using cut receivers I will make it a point to FIRST weld shut any 'evil' features that the scrap chunks of metal may have.

I am sorry if the postings on this WIP scrap piece caused any undue stress. That was not my intent. I only wished to share my current project with other gun people who might appreciate it.
    Again my apologies.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rapidrus View Post
    next you will be telling me there is no front trunion on a milled receiver

There is not. This is something helpful to note when figuring 922(r) on milled receiver rifle builds as there are only 15 parts to a milled receiver AK that has a muzzle device so only 5 US made ones are required to comply with 922(r).

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by nicoroshi View Post
    There is not. This is something helpful to note when figuring 922(r) on milled receiver rifle builds as there are only 15 parts to a milled receiver AK that has a muzzle device so only 5 US made ones are required to comply with 922(r).
    yea the boys decided we are gonna call that the front stub unless you use that stub in a stamped receiver. then you can call it a trunnion.
    Any way back to my original statement, your a heck of a welder. nice job
    Ive not done a reweld that the demiller didnt get at least one of those FA holes on one side,

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Impressive welding skills sir.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Nico, great welding!!! I guess there is hope for me yet with trying to make a functioning receiver from 2 cut M76 receivers. LOL.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Great progress I used the same method of gap filling on my Russian build keep it up

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by voland View Post
    Impressive welding skills sir.
    Thank you. 23 years of doing it certainly is paying off for this project

Interior clean up will have to wait until tomorrow as I was busy with voting, and other things around the house.

Remember to vote fellas!

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

On a more serious note I am happy for your concern of my well being, and staying legal with my projects.
    No ones trying to bust your balls, just watching out for your well being.

I can't say any more about your skills then what's already been said Thanks for the pics

like I said 6 or a half dozen what is the difference?
    No ones trying to bust your balls either.
    But you know how a stamped receiver AK is assembled, right? There are three main parts to a reciver assembly, 1-the sheet metal receiver, 2-the trunnion and 3-the stock tang or rear trunnion.
    With a milled receiver, all three of these parts are made from one (1) piece of metal, that's why a milled receiver doesn't have a trunnion.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Absolutely beautiful... I don't think I have ever seen a better job filling a gap... I will definately be happy if I can get any where close to the looks yours has already gotten.
    Pat

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.