Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Milled Yugo M-70 pistol using cut receiver

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default Milled Yugo M-70 pistol using cut receiver

Yep, I have gone nuts.

Using a cut apart milled receiver to weld together a center repair section for one of the Yugo M-70 UF kits from Apex only to re-profile the barrel, cut it down, and build a milled Yugo M-70 pistol out of it.

This will be a photo documentation of my build.

The kit, and cut receiver:

Cut receiver parts clamped 6 ways from Sunday to hold it straight:

One half welded (done by spanning gap with molten metal), and filed :

Not bad:

One side interior rail re-constructed, and filed:

I ran out of shield gas for the mig so had to call it quits until tomorrow when I will get more.

I will update this thread as work continues...............

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

No joke, I got a cut up receiver from them, and have enough other parts to build a pistol (try to) and i have been thinking about starting this tomorrow. Looking good so far! please keep posting updates, i want to see more!
    what did you use to fill the gap between the pieces? the cut up receiver i got has some serious overlap of front and second piece, serious gap between third and last piece.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Spanned the gap with weld metal.

Trick is to use a solid wire mig with shield gas or Tig with shield gas so you don't have any slag to foul the weld.
    Start a bead on one side, let sag (gravity) until it matches the base metal weld thickness, and stop......Let cool until no longer red hot, and then run another bead on the first the same way. Continue building across the gap until it's one solid span.
    Do this at the top, and bottom of one side.
    Now lay a bead from left side across span bead to right side (will be kind of an inverted "U" shape). Be sure it's on the side of the span, and sags the metal thickness down. Stop, and let cool until no longer red hot. Repeat.
    Continue doing this until the span at the top is connected with the span at the bottom.
    Grind outside close to flat with side of receiver, and finish with a file smooth.
    Dremel inside smooth with interior.

Rebuild interior rails the same way.

After welding for 22 years I have learned to fill gaps in up to 1/4 plate steel of up to 1/2" wide using this method.

Practice, and watch that puddle.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

nicoroshi - looks like an interesting project. From looking at your pictures, I would like to give a word of caution - the third hole for the FCG needs to go away, unless you are able to legally build a full-auto.
    "To show you how radical I am, I want carjackers dead. I want rapists dead. I want burglars dead. I want child molesters dead. I want the bad guys dead. No court case. No parole. No early release. I want 'em dead. Get a gun and when they attack you, shoot 'em."
    Ted Nugent - speaking at the NRA convention April 17, 2005

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

unless you are an 07 / sot what you are making is an illegal machine gun, you can't just weld up a cut full auto receiver.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Yes you need to weld up the hole and also the sear cut on the inside of the reciever before you bring it up to a full receiver.(This includes the cut in the rail and the chanel in the receiver that leads to the rail) I would recomend doing this first before you try combining the parts together.

Feedback Score

its not a receiver until he ads the rear trunion. Im betting he knows just what he's doing. I no he is one hell of a welder.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by rapidrus View Post
    its not a receiver until he ads the rear trunion. Im betting he knows just what he's doing. I no he is one hell of a welder.
    this is a milled receiver, there is no rear trunnion. as it is now it has all the select fire components intact and could be interpreted as building a full auto. when doing a receiver reconstruction you need to negate the fa features first.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

What they said, fill in that hole before going any further
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by pirate56 View Post
    this is a milled receiver, there is no rear trunnion. as it is now it has all the select fire components intact and could be interpreted as building a full auto. when doing a receiver reconstruction you need to negate the fa features first.
    ok what ever piece that is missing that will go on rear the trunion on my yugo that holds underfolder, top cover, spring you no that trunion

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.