Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Romanian barrel component pins

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

OK ILL LET YOU KNOW HOW I DO IT.

I TAKE A NAIL SET OR OTHER SUTIABLE PUNCH TYPE TOOL AN GRIND JUST THE VERY END DOWN ENOUGH TO FIT THE PIN. IM TALKIN JUST THE VERY END ABOUT A 1/16" OR LESS THE REST LEAVE HEAVY. SUPPORT THE BACK WITH SOMETHING SOLID AN MAKE SURE IT WONT ROLL OVER OR TIP AN HIT THE THE PUNCH WOTH A 3LB VERY VERY HAMMER HARD THE FIRST TIME. ONCE IT STARTS TO MOVE THEN GO TO A PUNCH WITH A LONGER END TO PUSH IT ALL THE WAY OUT. I USE NAIL SETS OR THE REMINATES OF BROKEN PIN PUNCHES TO MAKE STARTER PUNCHES. I DONT USE A PRESS OR NEED ONE FOR DEMILLING KITS..

YOU LIKLEY HAVE MADE I RIVET OUT OF THE THING AT HIS POINT. IS THE PIN FLUSH OR STICKING OUT PAST THE PART????

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Modified nail sets... brilliant, another trick from the 1biggun. If you can find Kroil in a can, a syringe and a blunted big needle makes for a great delivery system. There is always wisdom in a post from 1biggun, leastwise thats the way I see it...

Feedback Score

Heat oil and patience. Big G has the right idea. No doubt the rear site block and rear trunnion need to be supported evenly on a press or you can distort the site block. I did on my PSL. Concerns for a pin or small dowel use a drill bit just do your research on Dia. and find some thing that will replace what you need or size up slightly. Find something one size larger. No need to order something like that and wait.

Feedback Score

I use a hydraulic press with a short pin for stubborn pins.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.