Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My youtube build tutorials

Feedback Score

Im just giving a tip I found, if you have a trunnion with no barrel or loose barrel in it you can make sure your bolt is fully locked up on the bottom and mark it and then after everything is together make sure your line is still lining up. Im sure you have built a million and I dont know if the way I described it even makes sense. But I also agree with you on having a tighter headspace as opposed to looser.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

TDK, another nice video. Thank you. I like how your trying to keep them as short as possible and still explaining it as best as possible.
    If you don't mind me asking, about how much do you have into that oven? I know you bought it off CL but you added the censer. Oh did the control box come with the kiln or did you add that too?

Z2874, welcome to the forum. He just started putting up the videos, look at the date this thread was started.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    TDK, another nice video. Thank you. I like how your trying to keep them as short as possible and still explaining it as best as possible.
    If you don't mind me asking, about how much do you have into that oven? I know you bought it off CL but you added the censer. Oh did the control box come with the kiln or did you add that too?

thanks man.

The oven only cost me $100 bucks:

-$10 for the kiln on craigslist
    -$60 PID
    -$20 solid state relay
    -$10 shipping

Nothing special about that box it just holds the PID and relay. The Kiln came with an extra layer (that made it taller) and that was on the layer for the original knobs.

There are plenty of hippies on craigslist selling kilns, you can get one really cheap. The most important thing to look for is if the lid and bottom are in good shape (those are hard to fix/replace). The condition of the bricks is another thing to consider, but they are easy to replace (about $10 a piece).

Usually, you have to replace a couple elements and bricks, then wire it up and you're ready to go. I got lucky because the extra top layer was in good shape and I used it to repair the rest of the kiln keeping my costs low.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

WOW that's a great price, thanks for the info, I'll have to keep an eye on CL now
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Thank you very much for the great videos, they will be immensely helpful for my builds.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Thank you very much for the great videos, they will be immensely helpful for my builds.
    You're welcome, I thought a sticky would be cool.....

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Thank You The Dark Knight .
    Tree huggin' dirt worshipper!

Feedback Score

Nice!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.