Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PSL barrel options?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default PSL barrel options?

I'm trying to get barrel options narrowed down for my PSL kit. It is one of the barrel-less kits apex was selling. Also barrel dimensions if possible, my base has a couple lathes so I should be able to get a blank or heavier barrel re dimensioned. Thanks in advance.
    Semper Fortis, Paratus Et Potens, Non Sibi, Sed Patriae.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Not sure but you could try green mountain, I know they M76 brrels.. you talking about the hobby shop or engineers? I tried to find a lathe on 29 that would turn barrels with no luck. I think the dude at the hobby shop would tho, for a case of tecate.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Posthumous View Post
    Not sure but you could try green mountain, I know they M76 brrels.. you talking about the hobby shop or engineers? I tried to find a lathe on 29 that would turn barrels with no luck. I think the dude at the hobby shop would tho, for a case of tecate.
    Last I talked to them they said they would look into making PSL barrels. Mind you that was the same time they said they would look into selling M76 barrels to the public. Calling them up wouldn't hurt, they do offer 20" barrels 7.62x39 AK Raw Barrel Blank 1.06" x 20"

Though if you are willing to do all that work there are some other sources for .311 grove diameter barrel blanks. Take a look over at this thread. http://www.gunco.net/forums/f244/bar...sources-56527/

If you don't require it to look like a factory psl you could do a different barrel profile. Though if you change the profile too much you would have to swap out the gas block front sight base and hand guard retainer.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I was going to shorten the barrel a bit.

I am talking about the base hobby shop, heard they had wood/metal/ concrete lathes now, but I haven't checked.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Yeah, I'd get a .311 blank and turn it down to what you want. You can always change the gas system to what ever your needs are. I always wanted to do a bull barrel version. It requires making a custom gas block though. Yeah a little shorter and heavier barrel would be nice.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

The chamberface on a 54r is kinda complex., Especcially without a donor barrel to copy.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

The barrel stub I have has the chamber area intact.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

See if Donnels has anything you can use? Whats the possibility of taking a mosin barrel and using that, if you plan on having it machineed anyways?

VMU-3's armorer has a scrap barrel i think because he put a heavy bbl on his mosin action. i can ask around if you want.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I already asked Steve about barrels, said he doesn't have any.

I'd appreciate you asking the armorer about the barrel he pulled.

I'll be out in the field for the next 2 weeks, though.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

if you're going to be spinning a barrel turn down a mosin barrel, they have almost the same breech face, i'm going to do the same but using m76 barrel parts to make kind of an m91 clone
    "Always forwards, never backwards." Erich Honecker

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.