Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: POLISH HUNTER CLONE.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN A MASK (IS THST THE SAME AS A STENCIL)

iM A LONG WAYS FROM DOING ANY ENGRAVING . I HAVE WAY TO MANY PROJECTS AN SOME ARE MORE IMPORTANT THEN GUNS. IT IS SOMEHTING IM GOING TO BE LOOKING AT FOR THE GUN IM HELPING BUILD FOR A FRIENDS KID. MAYBE I CAN GET THE DAD TO PALY WITH THE ETCHING. AFTER ALL ITS HIS SON.

I HAVE SEEN THE THREAD ON THE AK FORUM ( WHEN i CAN LOG ON ) AN IT SEEMS PRETTY EASY.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I got to looking at what I wanted to do an started mocking up parts I had layning every were.

I layed a 18" barreld (243 win) AMD front end on a polish shell with the stock sort of on it an it looks kind of cool. I think a slightly longer wooden version of a amd hand guard that flowed into a retainer that was more of a rounded end cap would be cool. sort of like the ends of a fancy bolt action stock. anyway I like the profile.

Im thinking a custom trigger guard with some style that dont look like it was made in a vice in 9th grade metal shop would be cool an is needs a push button safety. there is no need for a selector lever on a sporting rifle. A traditional safety is more aproperiate here IMO.

any way here are a few pictures of a mock up I like the stock with the metal also but want wood for a hunter metal gets to damn cold in the winter. was thinking a laminated wood amd like fore end might be doable at home.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score

1biggun - pardon my ignorance - but will the .243WIN fit in the 7.62mag?

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Looking good Biggun.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

no the 243 will not fit in a 7.62x39 mag or 223 mag. Im just using that barrel for mock up. the barrel is actualy for sale inthe classifeds.

I have not chosen a calibur for this build. It will likely be a 300 savage or 308 win. maybe a 260 rem or who knows the barrel is my last concern at this point Ill make that when I have all the parts. Im even considering a 6mm bench rest round or may bthe grendal in 6.5 have not decided.

Im planing on a four round mag that will be as close to the bottom of the reciver as possable. It will still accept large mags of some type when done. but this is going to be a hunting rifle ist an formost.

It did occure to me to use the stock on a 308 Sagia conversion but Im not real hot on the idea of having to cut the back of the reciver at a angle on $600 gun.

this will likely be built on a polish shell an use polish trunions, bolt carrier an smooth dust cover. Im toying with the idea of a galil style gas tube. it will have a canterleaver scope rail an im considering a custom GB that will also hold blend into the fore end an give a sort of bolt action stock look. the scope rail will not have a bunch of slots for differant dod dads it will have a place to mount two scope rings an nothing more. im considering leopold style rings an not even have a weaver type cut at all. I want smooth .

I havent decided to float barrel in the fore end or not. Im trying to use as many polish parts as possable.

id love to find a line on those archer rsbs

I actualy intend to hunt with this gun on deer so it does not need to be 1/2" group accurate but i need to keep it in a 1" circle for three shots at 100 yards or i dont pack it for shots over 150 yards. ( yea im picky)

I want this gun to be as good looking as a super vepr or better. I want to do away with all the rough edges an things poking out that is on a normal AK. I want the gun to be pleasing to the eye like a custom mauser or fancy single shot rifle. IM not going for safe queen checkering or any thing like but I want it to say im a hunting rifle when it comes out of the case not converted assult rifle.. i hope this makes sence.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

in the link below there is a polish random hunter an a list of specs etc.

what i find interesting is a line that says extended ejection port to elemintate shell crushing or some thing like that. very interesting . so apparently the ejection pot/ window is differant. hmmm wish I had one of those top covers.

AK-47 Review

AK-47 Review

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Manufacturer Description: Carbine RADOM-SPORT is a sports carbine assigned for practical shooting, which construction was based on assault rifle BERYL mod. 96 and meets practical IPSC shooting requirements. It's only single shooter. ( IPSC - International Practical Shooting Confederation )

APPLICATION OF CHANGE:

Barrel is covered with carbonate nitrate method
    Sighting notch - stiff or vertically adjustable with wheel shield
    Slotted fire silencer
    Increased surface of safety catch wing
    Extended window in cover to eliminate shells crushing
    Extended rifle butt
    New constructions of rails for fixing various optical or mechanical devices, according to NATO standards MIL-Std-1913 ( PICATINNY )
    U type or gap type sighting notches
    Technical data:

Cartridge: .223 REMINGTON
    Muzzle velocity Vo: 1006 m/s
    Muzzle energy Eo: 1822 J
    Mode of fire: single shot,
    Theoretical rate of fire: 700 rounds/min
    Range of fire: 600 m
    Principle of action: removal of gases from barrel
    Number of grooves in barrel: 6
    Barrel's load of thread: 228 mm
    Possibility of assembling magazines of various capacity (5, 10, 20, 25, 30 rounds)

Dimensions:

Length, extended carbine butt: 990 mm
    Length, fixed carbine butt: 742 mm
    Total length with wooden butt: 995 mm
    Barrel length: 457 mm
    Sight radius (with metal butt): 496 mm

No Reviews other than ours yet..

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

well I spent some money today with some venders here an got a few RPK gas blocks coming an a smooth bulgarian top cover as well as 6 galil 223 30 mags a 10 round galil blank mag an some cool looking muzzel brakes I hope will work some how work on something. Im looking for better prices on a RPK RSB or hope fully a saiga 12 guage RSB. I can make a rsb pretty easy for a heavy barrel by modifying stock one IM going to have to cut it all up any way for the scope rail.

im also considering a sort of Galil gas tube set up an making the whole RSB block from scratch an just having a tube lide through it from the rear some how.

any way im planing on having the barrel at the GB be .808" this will make for a pretty heavy barrel. Im looking at flutting in to drop the weight some. i have never fluted a barrel an IM a little concerned about the stress induced as well as how Im going to do with only a limited amount of travel on my mill. I might have to flute a certain distance at a time. really wish I had horizantal indeking head of some sort. I think I can maybe rig some thing up that might clamp on the barrel or something.

calibur is not decided yet but Im looking hard at 6mm or 6.5 mm options. Im considering getting a 6mm bench rest reamer or possably a 6.5 grendal. but im not rulling out a 308 length round yet. Ill have to see ehat comes my way in barrel or reamers. the 6mm ppc an the 6mm beggs as well as the 6mm AR turbo are still canidates.

what ever I decide on barrels im hoping to maybe make a few extra to sell an help pay for the reamer. the grendel is a great round but blanks are really pricy an there is almost zero take off barrels in 6.5 mm an there pricy when you do find them. to bad the 260 rem never sold well. I got a few of those barrel in a light weight contor but they were pricy. 6mm blanks are reasonably cheep if you use remington take off barrels so I may go that route. i like the grendel because its a on the shelf round an wolf is not super expensive. the 6mm br will blow its doors off however.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

If you do some 6.5 Grendel barrels, I may be interested, depending on price. Keep me in mind.

Also, I'm really interested in this build. Even though you haven't had a ton of feedback on this thread, please keep posting your info. It's very interesting. Thanks!!
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

If you do some 6.5 Grendel barrels, I may be interested, depending on price. Keep me in mind.

Also, I'm really interested in this build. Even though you haven't had a ton of feedback on this thread, please keep posting your info. It's very interesting. Thanks!!
    I WILL KEEP YOU IN MIND IF I DO SOME GRENDEL BARRELS. THE PROBLEM IS THERE IS NO CHEAP SOURCE FOR BLANKS OR TAKE OFF BARRELS. YOUR GOING TO HAVE CLOSE TO $100 JUST IN A STRAIGHT BLANK AN THEN THERE IS A LOT OF METAL THAT NEEDS TO BE REMOVED. A PROFILED BLANK FOR A BOLT ACTION CAN BE HAD FOR ABOUT $120 BUT THEN YOU STILL NEED TO REPROFILE IT AN CHAMBER IT FOR AK USE.

I ASKED GREEN MOUTAIN ABOUT SOME 18" 6.5 GUN SMITH BLANKS LIKE THEY HAVE IN 223 AN .308 AN .311 OR THE POSSABILITY OF A FEW 6.5 BARRELS PROFILED LIKE THERE AK BARRELS. THEY ACTED LIKE I WAS FROM OUTER SPACE. THESE ARE THE SASME GUYS WHO WOULD DENY THEY EVEN MADE AK BARRELS AT ONE POINT AN HAD NO WAY TO DO A .311 BARREL WHEN THEY HAD BEEN MAKING THEM FOR RETAILERS AN MANUFACTURES THE WHOLE TIME. I DONT THINK THE WOMEN I SOKE TO HAD A CLUE WHAT HAPPENS IN MANUFACTURING.

HOW HARD WOULD IT BE FOR THEM TO NOT CHAMBER THE BORE AN DO A RUN OF PROFILED 6.5 BARRELS THE SAME AS THERE .311 ROMMY BARRELS??????? IM SURE THESE ARE CONE ON SOME SORT OF GNC MACHINE ALL THE SAME BUT SURLY THERE IS A WAY TO NOT HAVE A DIFFERANT BORE SIZE MATTER. I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO HAVE SOME UNCHAMBERED BUT PROFILED BARRELS DONE IN 6.5mm THAT I COULD PERCISION CHAMBER AN SELL. NO DICE.

I DID A VZ58 BARREL FOR A GUY AN HE HAD AROUND $200 IN IT FROM A MIDWAY BOLT ACTION BLANK. THE GUN SUSPOSELDY SHOT VERY VERY WELL. WE USED A GREEN DOLL REAMER THAT WE RENTED . YOU COULD NOT GET A TRUE GRENDEL REAMER THEN.

IMO THERE A MUCH BETTER OPTIONS IF YOUR DOING A AK THAN THE GRENDEL. . ESPECIALY IF YOU HAND LOAD OR DONT MIND MODIFYING THE MAG WELL. A 260 REMINGTON WILL BLOW THE DOORS OFF THE GRENDEL AS WELL AS THE 6.5 CREED MORE. A 6.5X22-250 THE 6.5 BENCH REST ROUND OR EVEN THE ORIGINAL 7MM BR WILL ALL BEST THE GRENDEL AN WORK IN A AK. I RELOAD SO A 6MM BENCH REST MAKES MORE SENCE TO ME AN WILL LIKELY OUT SHOOT HE GRNDEL.

WHAT MAGS TO SE I DONT KNOW YET.

IT HAS BEEN VERY SLOW SLOW ON GUNCO THESE DAYS. ITS DOWN TO LIKE 3 NEW THREADS A WEEK IN THE BUILD YOUR AK SECTION AN ABOUT 10 POSTS. A FEW ROOKIES NOW AN THEN WANTING TO KNOW HOW TO DO SOMETHING BUT THERE HASENT BEEN MUCH IN NEW BUILDS OR ANYTHING DIFFERANT HERE IN A LONG TIME.

THE AK DISCUSSION FORUM HAS HAD LIKE THREE POSTS IN TWO DAYS AS WELL.

THE SITE HAS KIND OF TURNED INTO A OBAMA/GOVERMENT BITCH FEST ALL BASED IN THE GENERAL DISSCUSION. THERE SEEMS TO BE VERY LITTLE BUILDING HAPPENING. I HAVE NOTICED ONE SITE CLOSED THERE GENERAL DISCUSSION AREA AN STOPED ALL POLITICAL BS.

THE INTERNET HAS KILLED BUILDING AN DRIVEN UP PRICES IMO. UTUBE IS POSSABLY THE WORST THING TO HAPPEN TO GUN OWNERS THEY JUST HAVENT RELIZED IT YET.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.